By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
7/28/2014 | Version : 2.0.01 | Size : 40.7 MB
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
5/11/2014 | Version : 2.0.00 | Size : 39.6 MB
- New iOS7 UI designed.
- Fix noise problem while playing movies in 2x speed.
- Some other bug fixed.
2/18/2014 | Version : 1.2.00 | Size : 33.4 MB
Turn on backup in the settings page of GPlayer to fix file lost issue.
1. Samba external subtitle support.
2. Volume gesture support.
3. Fix a seek crash bug.
4. Fix delete multiple files bug.
5. Other bug fix.
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
Replay doesn't work (2.0.01)
4/26/2015 3:28:00 PM
1/5 By taniharjo
I have an iPhone 4s. Every time I finish a video, gplayer goes back to the list instead of playing the next video. Can you please fix this?
4/24/2015 3:17:00 PM
1/5 By Mooodyberry
Not good 👎
It doesn't work !!
Good but (2.0.01)
3/29/2015 11:53:00 AM
4/5 By Amirhosseinshojaiee
It's very good app and I'm using this app every time pr want watch video
But doesn't show preview of the videos and I can only recognize video files by there name
3/22/2015 1:42:00 AM
5/5 By Kezzlish
My favorite player (2.0.01)
3/6/2015 2:44:00 PM
5/5 By Amelendro
I love the player and the options to organize the files.
I would like to see a playlist option.
3/6/2015 10:50:00 AM
5/5 By Ученик мастера иоды
2/25/2015 7:33:00 AM
5/5 By AmirPedram
New devices? (2.0.01)
2/19/2015 1:19:00 AM
2/5 By Steve PL
Please support iPhone 6.
some video play without sound :( (2.0.01)
2/18/2015 5:30:00 PM
4/5 By iSaadi
some Audio codecs are not supported .. the another player app can play video with sound :(
I like to fix the app soon please :(
Perfect for lip readers (2.0.01)
2/12/2015 3:20:00 AM
1/5 By Smbluthing
2/9/2015 1:33:00 PM
5/5 By ITZHAK 47
This app is excellent I don't have any problems for watched mi videos
2/9/2015 3:08:00 AM
5/5 By Mr.Selena Gomez 805
Really is worth it plays all formats avi which I use and is awesome so easy
1/31/2015 12:49:00 PM
1/5 By Gobsle
It's been good for me... (2.0.01)
1/4/2015 2:33:00 AM
4/5 By thesherpa
There were some skipping problems but I'm pretty sure they were because I was still using a 3GS. Overall I love that I can play the movies I have without pesky conversions.
Best multi-format player (2.0.01)
12/31/2014 1:23:00 PM
5/5 By Lucky-boy-pro
Now i can run any format and the app so simple but very good no bugs and you can transfer videos from the pc
Wifi sharing (2.0.01)
12/25/2014 11:02:00 PM
3/5 By Asporian
Wifi sharing isn't working please fix it
12/18/2014 2:52:00 AM
5/5 By Paulo Antonelli
O melhor player! Toca todo tipo de arquivo!
Near perfect (2.0.01)
12/15/2014 7:23:00 AM
5/5 By Will534784
This app is the one you are looking for to throw files on and watch from your iPhone. Plays almost any file decently.
If this app had the ability to cast to chromecast it would be perfect. Get on it, dev.
Gotta agree with the others (2.0.01)
12/12/2014 2:27:00 PM
3/5 By Ski9458
Still a little buggy. Has great potential (I continue to use it, in spite of drawbacks). Keep up the good work!
Sound issue (2.0.01)
12/8/2014 3:03:00 AM
3/5 By Yylisa
Used to work good. Now there is no sound while playing upnp files.
Awesome app (2.0.01)
12/1/2014 11:31:00 AM
5/5 By Freiby, NY
It plays all video plus subtitles
No Chromecast (2.0.01)
11/29/2014 5:47:00 PM
3/5 By General69
I downloaded a bunch of movies to stream on chromecast accept 1 problem ...gplayer doesn't support it. I gave 3 stars cuz this app has delivered in the past .
Can’t see files in iTunes (2.0.01)
11/29/2014 3:50:00 AM
4/5 By JVWonger96
Overall I’m very pleased with GPlayer and its ability to play my video files. There is a slight bug that crops up every once in a while though, when I’m exploring the app using iTunes I can’t see any of the files that are on my iPhone or iPad that are loaded in GPlayer. This is somewhat annoying since I have to look at my device to see whats already loaded on it and I have a 128GB so I can load a lot of stuff. The only way I’ve solved this was to delete the app and re-add it but then I have to re-add all my files again which is a pain since they reside on an external drive and not my MacBook. Overall, I recommend the app if you want to play high quality files and even airplay it to an Apple TV which I’ve done in the past. To get around the audio problem, I just mirror my screen otherwise only the audio airplays.
11/18/2014 5:26:00 AM
5/5 By Talismandan
My favorite app to watch movies and tv shows on my phone and also send it to my Apple TV
My Go-to App for Video (2.0.01)
11/17/2014 5:12:00 AM
5/5 By RickyMaveety
I use this app for viewing all my movies on my iPad or phone. I find it much more convenient than the native app by Apple.
No sound (2.0.01)
11/15/2014 1:01:00 PM
2/5 By Toddep23
Won't play sound for many common file formats
inbox(copy) error (2.0.01)
11/12/2014 4:05:00 PM
3/5 By Abdul Hakam
Always creates inbox and inbox(copy). Why is that?
if u solve this it's worth 5 star.
some useful amendments.
1. add double tap to pause.
Sometimes I can't delete some files due to Some issues with iTunes backup.
10/28/2014 7:46:00 AM
3/5 By Agustin RB
I love this app but I can't play all formats that VLC can load
Great VLC replacement !!! (2.0.01)
10/28/2014 6:01:00 AM
5/5 By Jvirtuel
From iphone 6 plus work perfect!
Plays almost all videos (2.0.01)
10/25/2014 5:35:00 PM
4/5 By Discotea
Plays everything I tried with it. Much better now that you can see the full title of the file