By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
7/28/2014 | Version : 2.0.01 | Size : 40.7 MB
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
5/11/2014 | Version : 2.0.00 | Size : 39.6 MB
- New iOS7 UI designed.
- Fix noise problem while playing movies in 2x speed.
- Some other bug fixed.
2/18/2014 | Version : 1.2.00 | Size : 33.4 MB
Turn on backup in the settings page of GPlayer to fix file lost issue.
1. Samba external subtitle support.
2. Volume gesture support.
3. Fix a seek crash bug.
4. Fix delete multiple files bug.
5. Other bug fix.
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to email@example.com, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
: Top Paid iPad Applications [Music]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
, Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
11/18/2014 5:26:00 AM
5/5 By Talismandan
My favorite app to watch movies and tv shows on my phone and also send it to my Apple TV
My Go-to App for Video (2.0.01)
11/17/2014 5:12:00 AM
5/5 By RickyMaveety
I use this app for viewing all my movies on my iPad or phone. I find it much more convenient than the native app by Apple.
No sound (2.0.01)
11/15/2014 1:01:00 PM
2/5 By Toddep23
Won't play sound for many common file formats
inbox(copy) error (2.0.01)
11/12/2014 4:05:00 PM
3/5 By Abdul Hakam
Always creates inbox and inbox(copy). Why is that?
if u solve this it's worth 5 star.
some useful amendments.
1. add double tap to pause.
Sometimes I can't delete some files due to Some issues with iTunes backup.
10/28/2014 7:46:00 AM
3/5 By Agustin RB
I love this app but I can't play all formats that VLC can load
Great VLC replacement !!! (2.0.01)
10/28/2014 6:01:00 AM
5/5 By Jvirtuel
From iphone 6 plus work perfect!
Plays almost all videos (2.0.01)
10/25/2014 5:35:00 PM
4/5 By Discotea
Plays everything I tried with it. Much better now that you can see the full title of the file
great easy (2.0.01)
10/9/2014 5:29:00 AM
5/5 By JShaha589
Muy buena aplicación!!! (2.0.01)
10/6/2014 1:39:00 AM
4/5 By iArles
Muy buena aplicacion muy recomendable para ver todo tipo de formatos
Plz update (2.0.01)
10/4/2014 8:30:00 AM
3/5 By Hamed Arefi
In ios 8,open movie is very slow plz fix
10/3/2014 10:30:00 PM
5/5 By Hammeramnon
Smooth and easy use
Great video app (2.0.01)
10/1/2014 7:29:00 PM
5/5 By daffy688
This is one great little app. Is way better than the std one that comes with the ios. Simple to use, yet feature rich. Even sharing is a snap. Greatly recommended.
Love it (2.0.01)
9/30/2014 5:01:00 PM
5/5 By Mo15482850
Play and video and download videos on the phone via wifi
Doesn't loop videos (2.0.01)
9/30/2014 6:12:00 AM
1/5 By Justin Moravetz
Just stops after the first one. Broken features abound.
9/29/2014 7:48:00 PM
5/5 By IRGYA
Plays all formats of video
Good app one issue (2.0.01)
9/26/2014 3:25:00 PM
2/5 By Captainsmj
Like the app very much. Works well accept for one issue! I have several videos which I password protect, occasionally I open the app and find one or more of the videos no longer password protected. Not sure why this happens but it needs to be fixed
Almost Flawless implementation (2.0.01)
9/25/2014 11:34:00 PM
3/5 By King-Afro
This is one of the five only apps I keep on my phone at all times. It works really well without much work on my end. I can transfer my shows, mainly in MKV format, and play them without any trouble. No tedious converting like the old days.
I do wish it was a little more stable when playing high quality videos but that's understandable. Also streaming videos from a UPnP server is very unstable and leggy. And I know it's not solely my internet connection. Otherwise it's a great app that I never get rid of.
9/24/2014 7:56:00 PM
5/5 By Zaphire Borghi
I've been using this mostly to watch seasons of shows I like on my phone. It's nice to have them downloaded on my phone so I don't waste data trying to watch on netflix or YouTube.
I really love this app. I like being able to keep private movies in this app where I can password lock. I also am happy that I no longer have to convert AVI files to iTunes friendly formats. Now I can watch all my downloaded content here :)
User friendly (2.0.01)
9/7/2014 1:23:00 AM
5/5 By TJ ultimate
Useful , helpful and great app
awesome player! (2.0.01)
9/6/2014 12:41:00 AM
5/5 By lobby0ne
one of the best player out on the appstore. will play just about every format you can throw at it!
9/3/2014 12:06:00 PM
5/5 By This is e
Nice easy to use player
8/27/2014 7:46:00 PM
5/5 By Bret utopia
Fantastic app, have used for over a year.
The developer=moral police (2.0.01)
8/27/2014 1:24:00 PM
1/5 By Mr. XXXXXXXXXX
It's ludicrous for the developer to remove a feature for fear that it might be used for illegal file sharing. Get off your high horse!
8/26/2014 4:19:00 PM
1/5 By SplinkySplonky
1. Long file names: it doesn't show long names, how difficult is it to scroll the names?
2. HD playing: more often than not it has no audio for HD files.
3. Every so often it will simply remove ALL my videos. What the heck, WHY???
Fix these issues and it might be good enough to actually use.
8/19/2014 2:11:00 PM
5/5 By Mack2Nite
Does everything I need
Good player (2.0.01)
8/15/2014 4:51:00 PM
5/5 By knailevna
I like it!
8/12/2014 8:26:00 PM
4/5 By Kamel kemo
Nice I like it
Support AVCHD! (2.0.01)
8/11/2014 3:41:00 AM
1/5 By Sereha96
My camera writes video in AVCHD (.MTS), when I want to watch captured video I can't do this. Your app can't play my video correctly.
P.S. .MTS (1920x1080(50i) 24M) Sony DSC-WX50)
8/7/2014 9:42:00 PM
5/5 By Daniel_L_E
Excellent app with great support
MKV without sound (2.0.01)
8/2/2014 9:20:00 PM
1/5 By 7ars
It doesn't support AC3 sound on MKV