By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
5/29/2016 | Version : 2.1.02 | Size : 55.4 MB
- Remove DIVX support for patent issue.
7/28/2014 | Version : 2.0.01 | Size : 40.7 MB
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
5/11/2014 | Version : 2.0.00 | Size : 39.6 MB
- New iOS7 UI designed.
- Fix noise problem while playing movies in 2x speed.
- Some other bug fixed.
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to email@example.com, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
4/26/2016 10:11:00 PM
5/5 By Sweetness0873
Works well with several types of files, and doesn't take up too much room for the type of app it is...
4/25/2016 5:25:00 PM
5/5 By 👊🏾👊🏾👊🏾
Apenas o melhor player para iOS (2.1.01)
4/22/2016 11:36:00 PM
5/5 By Felipe Reset Gomes
O melhor disparado
very good！ (2.0.01)
4/22/2016 1:53:00 PM
5/5 By 基本英俊
very good！不错！a nice app!
Very good app (2.1.01)
4/21/2016 3:40:00 AM
5/5 By Sweetness0873
Great app for storing .mpg/.avi/.mp4 files on your apple product! Rarely hangs up, allows for renaming files on your device, and allows for viewing of your saved music videos or porn... Yes, I said porn, because we all know that's what most guys will use something like this for, myself included...
It does have a tendency to delay or hang on the audio aspect for files on the iPad, while it does fine on the smaller devices... It may be due to the processor trying to put all the video onto the larger screen that messes with it...
Solid app.. Thanks for the updates (2.1.01)
4/14/2016 2:06:00 AM
4/5 By -brando
I noticed quite a few reviewers were quick to leave one star and express dissatisfaction for the last update that had issues with iOS 9.3.1 (which is fair), but after it was PROMPTLY fixed, those reviewers are nowhere to be found. I suppose that just comes with the territory.
Anyway, thank you for a solid app. That said, I would like to see a more robust share sheet extension and an ability to import/export videos & photos in-app. Even so, that still doesn't take away from a very useful media player. Thanks again! Word to all reviewers: if an app is causing problems, sure - express your concerns... BUT when an app's issues are resolved......................... It's about decency people.
Great, but... (2.1.01)
4/13/2016 3:55:00 PM
5/5 By wasp604
1. There is no "open in" feature that I know of, which can get annoying when you want to send a video/sound clip to someone via iMessage or another app.
2. There is no inter-app audio. If there were, I could listen to movies through the Mimi Music app, which enhances dialogue greatly.
3. No developer contact information.
On iPad, app passcode is small (2.1.00)
4/11/2016 5:46:00 AM
5/5 By Ditmark
When protecting the content inside the app on iPhone, content can't be watched because the app prompts passcode validation, this is NOT working as it should on the iPad because this prompt is too small and media thumbnails and titles can be seen.
I wish it could get fixed please.
Crash when opening videos or folders! (2.1.00)
4/9/2016 3:56:00 AM
1/5 By hjq84
Please fix. Don't work after this update.
Constant Crash (2.1.00)
4/8/2016 11:59:00 PM
1/5 By Qwerty45m
Never worked since update. Fail!!!
Player crashes' (2.1.00)
4/8/2016 6:19:00 AM
1/5 By PDF wiz
Player won't open folders. Junk
4/8/2016 5:34:00 AM
2/5 By 郝斯嘉
4/7/2016 2:46:00 PM
1/5 By yrchern
Crashed every time I open it.
Not optimized for iPhone 6 resolution (2.1.00)
4/7/2016 9:48:00 AM
1/5 By Amiralime
Not optimized for iPhone 6 resolution after 2 years!
Can’t see files in iTunes (2.1.00)
4/7/2016 3:09:00 AM
1/5 By JVWonger96
Ok something broke in the latest update, the app crashes when I select a video or a folder. The app was fine up until then except for the annoyance that I can't see what files are in the app via iTunes. Please fix because this is my go to app for videos.
The new version crushed! (2.1.00)
4/6/2016 2:52:00 PM
1/5 By Leo Tong
After upgraded, this app crushes every time I open it, it can't play any video now...
Used to work (2.1.00)
4/6/2016 7:16:00 AM
1/5 By Ninoloverboy
This is the worst update. It keeps crashing on my iPad air 2 iOS 9.02. Now it's useless, please fix it.
Flash out (2.1.00)
4/6/2016 4:56:00 AM
1/5 By Mark184
Flash out when open a folder
Can't believe I got scam (2.0.01)
3/10/2016 1:05:00 PM
1/5 By Advil102
Using Asus Storage sync which when you try to open a video on the app it directs you to use this app (GPlayer) doesn't open .mkv videos files! Already had bought a .99 video player that does open and got scam buying with this one! Thanks ASUS! For making money to a useless app!
Nice App, but... (2.0.01)
3/8/2016 11:59:00 PM
4/5 By wehayley
Nice app. Would give it five stars if the repeat mode actually worked. Developer support site is worse than a teenage wasteland...
Needs Chromecast Functionality (2.0.01)
2/17/2016 6:46:00 PM
3/5 By LilDebWeb
This app is great for playing non-Apple videos, but it's sorely lacking without the ability to interface with Chromecast.
On iPad videos are show behind the password entry (2.0.01)
1/1/2016 6:37:00 AM
3/5 By Ditmark
I hope this is fixed. What is the meaning in setting a password if the thumbnails and video names are clearly visible from upfront. Thank you.
12/30/2015 4:16:00 PM
5/5 By Rodox295
The best player ever....o melhor player de video q já vi
No Audio with Headphones (2.0.01)
9/16/2015 6:39:00 AM
2/5 By mk_ss
If the audio works with headphones I’d might use this app.
Need an update (2.0.01)
8/1/2015 1:25:00 PM
3/5 By Hi_Albert
Seriously needs an update. When trying to open images, the app crashes. Also, noticed that the video playback is lagging a little bit
Sound quality (2.0.01)
7/12/2015 7:21:00 PM
5/5 By chatte -moi
I really like Gplayer for recording info to listen to again
The sound is superior and no earphones needed
No audio (2.0.01)
7/10/2015 11:22:00 PM
1/5 By Buttstuff32
Don't download. Audio doesn't work.
6/15/2015 10:03:00 AM
1/5 By Mgoodiy
جميل نوعاً ما
Plays everything from my computer (2.0.01)
5/30/2015 7:57:00 PM
5/5 By Manylander
Saves me from Apple's long standing nonsense of "format favoring".
Anything major format plays flawlessly. Free, easy to use. How can I not rate 5 stars? Thank you guys!
5/21/2015 2:07:00 PM
5/5 By Alex español
Muy buena es la mejor app
From this dev.
GReader - the best PDF reader for iPad
Price : $1.99
Platform : iPhone/iPad
By Ginkgo Tech
Bubble Blast 3D
Price : Free
Price : Free
Price : Free
Price : Free
Price : Free