By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
7/28/2014 | Version : 2.0.01 | Size : 40.7 MB
Frozen prize for limited time, tell your friends!
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
5/11/2014 | Version : 2.0.00 | Size : 39.6 MB
- New iOS7 UI designed.
- Fix noise problem while playing movies in 2x speed.
- Some other bug fixed.
2/18/2014 | Version : 1.2.00 | Size : 33.4 MB
Turn on backup in the settings page of GPlayer to fix file lost issue.
1. Samba external subtitle support.
2. Volume gesture support.
3. Fix a seek crash bug.
4. Fix delete multiple files bug.
5. Other bug fix.
Frozen prize for limited time!
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to email@example.com, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
: Top Paid iPad Applications [Music]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
, Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
12/6/2013 7:51:00 PM
3/5 By الهدف تحقيق العدالة
12/6/2013 7:49:00 PM
5/5 By Jin Seng
12/6/2013 2:11:00 PM
1/5 By احمد عرود
وترجمة ممتازه خمسة نجوم
اما حركة الفيديو بطيء
ارجو اصلاح المشكله
12/6/2013 2:09:00 AM
3/5 By Olg857
I used skip frame but some of my video I still can't hear them
Not there yet... (1.1.10)
12/6/2013 1:25:00 AM
1/5 By Serge.HW
The app looks very nice and organized, but does not handle a 1080p correctly... Still work to be done.
I am sorry but it is not fair with your clients to state that some hardware is not enough to pump out a 1080p MP4, this is really not accurate: this app may not optimized for that.
I don't want to promote another app here, but I must say that MoliPlayer HD, on the very same IPad2, plays perfectly the very same 1080p MP4 (with subs), from my UPnP server and without a single hiccup or frame skipped, with the audio perfectly synced...
In my opinion GPlayer is not ready yet... Sorry...
Take care!!! Check reviews!!! (1.1.10)
12/4/2013 11:10:00 PM
1/5 By McAck
Most of the videos are ac3 audio encoded. This is not working!!! You'll end up with 90% and maybe more of your videos unable to watch (ok, watchable but without audio). Search on their support forum and you'll see what others say!
Great app (1.1.10)
12/4/2013 9:19:00 AM
5/5 By Rakinishu84
Highly reccommended application.. Hehe..
Didn't support all format (1.1.10)
12/3/2013 3:43:00 PM
2/5 By Adhamhossam
Didn't support all format
Awesome. Plays everything I throw at it (1.1.10)
12/3/2013 1:49:00 AM
5/5 By Slvrscoobie
And best of all, it plays all those formats from my Kingston wi drive through the gplayer app!!!
Crash after iOS 7 (1.1.10)
11/29/2013 10:08:00 AM
1/5 By Jkaguiar
Can't open email attachment videos
Great app (1.1.10)
11/28/2013 8:21:00 PM
4/5 By Pierce 17
Sometimes audio doesn't work otherwise perfect
Great App (1.1.10)
11/27/2013 1:57:00 AM
5/5 By Theoseraph1985
It has it's bugs and quirks but a great all around app.
Ótimo app (1.1.10)
11/26/2013 2:14:00 AM
4/5 By Lucas dilan
Unico problema é que as legendas aparececem cortadas. Quando arrumar será perfeito!!
Muy bueno (1.1.10)
11/24/2013 11:15:00 PM
5/5 By Damelcu
Es muy bueno y las Películas se ven excelente.
very good！ (1.1.10)
11/23/2013 3:43:00 PM
5/5 By 基本英俊
very good！不错！a nice app!
Great app (1.1.10)
11/22/2013 10:43:00 PM
5/5 By Honstiany
The best way short of jailbreaking your phone to watch actual video files.
11/18/2013 10:08:00 PM
4/5 By Kalboholic
please add AC3. thanks
11/18/2013 6:52:00 AM
5/5 By Big panda 44
Great Apps (1.1.10)
11/18/2013 3:54:00 AM
5/5 By Vincentius Benny
Great player ever....very useful...must have it
11/17/2013 8:43:00 AM
4/5 By Loaffan
I'd like to give this 4.5 stars but don't know how to give 1/2 a star. It plays nearly everything I've thrown at it. The only reason I have to deduct 1/2 a star would be a bug/oversight in it. I cannot play from my shares on my network storage unless I make at least an empty folder in the program otherwise it will not let me access the network shares.
Great App! (1.1.10)
11/17/2013 8:31:00 AM
5/5 By paolo.sy
This tool is very useful for:
- Playing non-Apple CODEC file formats, especially videos
- Transferring files (PC to iPhone, and vice-versa) over a Wi-Fi network (for those who don't like carrying around flash disks or hard drives)
It's completely worth the download.
Best app to play mkv files (1.1.10)
11/17/2013 5:13:00 AM
5/5 By Ronny0007
Great app supports all type video files
Mkv playback is great
It Provides Great Playback (1.1.10)
11/15/2013 2:42:00 AM
5/5 By Capt.Peachfuzz
It works very well at playing almost all video file formats, which makes watching video files on the iPad a lot easier. It's worth it if you have a lot of video files that don't meet Apple's restricted playback capabilities. Playback and controls are great.
Love the App. (1.1.10)
11/15/2013 1:12:00 AM
5/5 By TheElite18
It has never given me any trouble. I use this app regularly. I love it.
Awesome player! (1.1.10)
11/13/2013 2:09:00 PM
5/5 By Pablowallski
It just works!
How can I share it? (1.1.10)
11/12/2013 8:36:00 PM
3/5 By Meeeeee99
11/11/2013 3:59:00 PM
5/5 By Mack2Nite
Does everything I need
A must have app but can have a better icon (1.1.09)
11/11/2013 12:52:00 AM
4/5 By king leo
A essential app for all. But maybe can have a more iOS 7 (flat) style icon.
Plays my movies (1.1.10)
11/10/2013 1:15:00 PM
4/5 By ImAManAndAMouse
I upload movies to my phone and watch them. Everything works fine. I have never done anything else or even know what else I might be able to do but I can watch without issues.
Good times! (1.1.10)
11/9/2013 6:38:00 PM
4/5 By VenomLS82
Great app! Use it all the time!