By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
2/4/2013 | Version : 1.1.08 | Size : 30.9 MB
Note: this update still has AC3 codec issue, don't update it if your movies are mainly MKV/VOB files.
- Add samba streaming feature.
Mac OS: Enable it in System Preferences-Sharing-File Sharing-Options.
Windows: Enable folder sharing by right click the folder.
12/13/2012 | Version : 1.1.07 | Size : 30.1 MB
- iPhone5 and iOS6 support.
9/19/2012 | Version : 1.1.04 | Size : 28.4 MB
Note: Copy a video/audio file to GPlayer to enable UPnP function.
- Fix a crash issue when doing background playback.
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to email@example.com, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
: Top Paid iPad Applications [Music]
: Top Paid iPhone Applications [Music]
: Top Grossing iPad Applications [Music]
: Top Grossing iPhone Applications [Music]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
, Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
steps from being perfect (1.1.08)
5/18/2013 4:55:00 PM
1. Icon size is too big, maybe offer some small and medium choices?
2. Select all files, seriously needed, putting 148 files in one folder drives me nuts!
3.file name suggested on the playing screen would be more convenient
Very useful (1.1.08)
5/17/2013 2:50:00 PM
Helps supplement what iPhone lacks with video.
I like it (1.1.08)
5/15/2013 3:42:00 AM
I like it,but no "pause"gesture.
My favorite player (1.1.08)
5/14/2013 9:36:00 PM
I love the player and the options to organize the files.
The only issue i have is that now that my phone has little storage left, if i download a large app the player deletes all my media files. Hope to see adifferen aproach or fix for this.
great product (1.1.08)
5/11/2013 8:13:00 PM
Easy to use. Get the job done.
Great app (1.1.08)
5/10/2013 4:47:00 PM
Never had any problems with it. It is way better than converting everything
5/5/2013 7:15:00 PM
Nice. Deserves 5 stars but improve the sound quality.
5/4/2013 8:29:00 AM
5/4/2013 5:44:00 AM
Avi doesn't have sound and it ruins the app
Nice app! (1.1.08)
5/1/2013 6:07:00 PM
Good better best
Just works (1.1.08)
5/1/2013 12:53:00 PM
Works every time-why doesn't apple supply a standard app like this on its Devices?
Great App (1.1.08)
5/1/2013 6:52:00 AM
By Mr. Handy
Love it (1.1.08)
4/28/2013 4:44:00 AM
Really like this app. However, it doesn't fully support mkv files (no sound). Fix that and it's nearly perfect. PLEASE ADD AC3 SUPPORT!!!!!!!
Avi's have no sound :( (1.1.08)
4/25/2013 5:47:00 AM
Rest is good though
4/24/2013 10:39:00 PM
By God loves..
Suporta legendas *.srt
MKV dentre vários outros formatos.
Sound problem (1.1.08)
4/24/2013 1:22:00 AM
By Mr. Lato
I have problem with sound on my iphone 4s i played many movies and all have the same problem, can you help me please with this issue
4/19/2013 8:05:00 PM
By Abdul Baseer Khalid Haqani
Please add AC3 please please...
Very good (1.1.08)
4/18/2013 4:43:00 PM
By Du Montero
This is a very good app, plays almost all the media files.
Great App (1.1.08)
4/17/2013 2:48:00 AM
By Fernando Zuñiga
Great App plays a lot of video formats!
4/13/2013 5:19:00 PM
It's a great application, Please many video formats
4/13/2013 3:51:00 PM
Won't play audio (1.1.08)
4/13/2013 3:47:00 PM
Would be a great app if it actually worked. Won't play audio.
4/12/2013 5:55:00 PM
Works very well.. Does what it is supposed to
Great player (1.1.08)
4/12/2013 9:27:00 AM
Plays all formats. Great for movies.
Rename problem (1.1.08)
4/11/2013 12:24:00 PM
A good application, but there is a problem when i rename the video and do not put a formula that video at the end of the name that video disappears but the size of the folder remains that the video shows still exists I hope that there will be a quick solution
4/9/2013 8:04:00 PM
By عبدالله العضيب
very good app
Love it (1.1.08)
4/9/2013 5:15:00 PM
Finally able to play any format with this wonderful app
Not For Use on Network Shares (1.1.08)
4/9/2013 3:55:00 AM
Have to upload from Mac to your iPad. Bummer
4/8/2013 10:51:00 PM
By Ciarans grandma
I love this app! I can put all of the little videos from my old phone that aren't supported by iTunes and bigs videos of cartoons for my grand kids. I can even put some home videos on there.
4/8/2013 3:15:00 PM
By Reem sh
Very good app