By Ginkgo Tech (John Smith)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad Wifi
, iPad 2 3G
, iPad 3G
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 3GS
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPad Mini
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
7/28/2014 | Version : 2.0.01 | Size : 40.7 MB
- Four kinds of skins support.
- Add Photo Viewer in app purchase.
- Remove WiFi file download feature, upload still works.(To avoid illegal file sharing)
5/11/2014 | Version : 2.0.00 | Size : 39.6 MB
- New iOS7 UI designed.
- Fix noise problem while playing movies in 2x speed.
- Some other bug fixed.
2/18/2014 | Version : 1.2.00 | Size : 33.4 MB
Turn on backup in the settings page of GPlayer to fix file lost issue.
1. Samba external subtitle support.
2. Volume gesture support.
3. Fix a seek crash bug.
4. Fix delete multiple files bug.
5. Other bug fix.
You wish you could play any video file on your iPhone/iPad, no matter its format? that's why we made GPlayer.
@ZDNET: GPlayer fills the iOS void left by VLC!
* Follow our Twitter @GinkgoTech to get the free code when new version released.
* GPlayer was honored as "app of the Week" in the Appcast.
* Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats. [build in subtitle is also supported]
* Extra Features
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to GPlayer.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movie even you don't have the cable.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Movie Thumbnail: Easy to find the movie you want to view.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle channel and encoding method.
- Gesture support: Easier way to do seek while playing the movie.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync or iCloud backup, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
- How do I put files into GPlayer?
To add files to your GPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select GPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
- What kind of streams does GPlayer play?
GPlayer is able to play RTSP and MMS streams. For now those can’t be added to the media library, but you can click an RTSP or MMS url in Safari or Mail for example.
If you want to use GPlayer to open HTTP/FTP streaming, add "gplayer:" prefix in the URL.
- I want to explicitely open an attachment with GPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in GPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick GPlayer as a player.
- iTunes won’t let me install GPlayer on my iPhone or iPod Touch?
Unfortunately, we had to drop support for older iOS devices such as the iPhone 3G or the first two versions of iPods. Indeed, after some testing, we realized those weren’t fast enough to provide a pleasant experience.
- Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPad 2 supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
- The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the settings page.
- Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, supports iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
* Contact us
* If you want to help to translate GPlayer to your mother language, just drop a mail to email@example.com, that will help people in your country enjoy this software, and we will put your name in thanks page!
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
, Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for GPlayer
7/24/2014 12:38:00 PM
5/5 By Titioliveira
The best app on the store!
Works well (2.0.01)
7/24/2014 7:04:00 AM
5/5 By Falnak
Does what it's supposed to. Often easier than loading a video into iTunes first. I like the new design.
Good job (2.0.01)
7/20/2014 6:15:00 PM
5/5 By OneZinny7
7/18/2014 7:18:00 PM
4/5 By King Nokia
Muy buena aplicación
It's the app (2.0.01)
7/17/2014 10:04:00 AM
5/5 By Chakapack
Well, I used this app with my iPod touch 4g and now with my iPhone 4S and work well as before. New interface is welcome. Keep working!
아주 좋습니다. 사용하기 편하기도 하구요 (2.0.01)
7/15/2014 6:14:00 AM
5/5 By Jong Cheon Lee
7/15/2014 2:43:00 AM
5/5 By Nazrudheen
It's an awesome app, i swear
Always crash!!!!very bad (2.0.01)
7/13/2014 6:09:00 AM
1/5 By Persian UnAme
This app made me angry cause always is crashing,,,
Esta filete (2.0.01)
7/8/2014 1:05:00 AM
5/5 By X4parra
Esta muy buena su aplicación
7/4/2014 9:47:00 PM
3/5 By Hero21
Best app but there is some issue with some files, when forwarding it stops playing and if need to play again, it starts from the start, please correct if possible.
Nice app (2.0.01)
6/28/2014 7:19:00 PM
4/5 By cream-of-beats
It plays everything that I uploaded to my ipad/phone. My only gripe is the Airplay doesn't work 100% with AppleTv. Audio can be heard, but no video. I think this is an issue with certain video file types, but I haven't got the video to display at all yet. :(
It's still a really good app to own. The iTunes transfer is a breeze.
Wifi download feature (2.0.01)
6/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
2/5 By Onebadassmofo
Screw the illegal file sharing! What about the users who actually use this app as a thumb drive like device, to transfer word files, photos, etc. give us the wifi download feature back.
And fix the apple tv out feature. Mirroring just gives us a 1024 x 768 output to tv, not the 16 x 9 aspect ratio.
Nice way to watch none converted stuff (2.0.01)
6/27/2014 1:10:00 PM
5/5 By kennytran_bg
Works Great! (2.0.01)
6/26/2014 11:51:00 PM
5/5 By 3Parts2Me
I've had it a couple weeks and it works perfectly. It's simple & that's what I love about it.
Please fix crashes (2.0.01)
6/26/2014 9:54:00 AM
2/5 By Thelovenice
It's nice app that can plays most formats but it has a lot of crashes.
When I play something it soddenly gets me out of the app.
6/26/2014 5:51:00 AM
5/5 By Jakerod
MKV audio?? (2.0.01)
6/25/2014 10:48:00 PM
2/5 By Reelima
6/23/2014 6:41:00 PM
5/5 By Faisal__n
Great App (2.0.01)
6/23/2014 3:59:00 PM
5/5 By Devon324
Great app for storing and viewing videos on your device. Looks very polished as well. Only minor issue is videos sometimes seem to jump ahead when resumed after closing the app, or the continue point is lost altogether. Overall, still a great app.
6/22/2014 3:22:00 AM
1/5 By Eddie Bombay
After a while while playing audio the app just crashes.
No audio in AVI and MKV (2.0.01)
6/21/2014 5:44:00 PM
1/5 By JM V
There's no audio output unless I play MOV files. This has been a problem for a very long time now.
Hide apps from multitasking if using lock feature (2.0.01)
6/21/2014 2:58:00 AM
4/5 By PaanHalim
Please hide or prevent the apps from being view from multitasking if the lock function is enabled. Other than that, its a good app!
need some bug fixes (2.0.00)
6/19/2014 3:17:00 PM
5/5 By lobby0ne
This new version does not play video with audio correctly. Most of my videos are in MP4 format and it is picky with which audio codec it wants to play audio properly. AVI plays just fine and so does MKV.
Nice app (2.0.01)
6/19/2014 12:30:00 PM
5/5 By Muhammad Aslam Abbasi
Nice and very useful application
MKV Audio doesn't work (2.0.01)
6/19/2014 3:13:00 AM
4/5 By Richard Ko
Pleas check the mkv audio function
No audio (2.0.01)
6/18/2014 6:37:00 AM
1/5 By memememememememememememee
Ac3 audio doe not play at all. Flac audio plays out of synch with video.
If you pause playback and then switch to a different app, it re-starts playback in the background.
Stick with VLC or MX Player.
Play files ok. Lack Navigation options (2.0.00)
6/17/2014 7:48:00 AM
2/5 By DoodlingCat
Can’t fast forward a few seconds of minutes.. Does not remember last played position. Otherwise fine.
latest update not good, please fix! (2.0.01)
6/17/2014 5:33:00 AM
3/5 By ChoCoLaTe-Boy
security password not working when you open the app!
Can't read whole title (2.0.01)
6/15/2014 5:39:00 PM
2/5 By Alap1nta
Video file names get cut in the middle and can't know what file is what episode... Please add option to resize font or to make it scroll
No audio (2.0.01)
6/15/2014 2:57:00 PM
1/5 By Cyberlunacy
Not sure exactly what formats for audio this supports but no movie file I have tried will play the audio
Not exactly sure how you put out a video player that won't play audio within the video
Maybe try a little quality control.