By Apple (iTunes S.a.r.l.)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad Wifi
, iPad 2 3G
, iPad 3G
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 3GS
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPad Mini
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
7/14/2015 | Version : 3.0 | Size : 33.0 MB
This update includes the following features:
• Students can hand in their homework assignments
• Annotate PDF assignments directly in iTunes U
• Instructors can grade and track student progress with an integrated grade book
• Private one-on-one conversations between students and instructors
• Include multiple attachments per assignment
1/28/2015 | Version : 2.1.1 | Size : 28.7 MB
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
10/6/2014 | Version : 2.1 | Size : 22.7 MB
iTunes U 2.1 adds supports for iOS 8 and can automatically add assignment due dates to your calendar.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring their classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U is also still the place where anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner by including apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available everyone for free.
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-to-one discussions
• Start or join in on group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
: Top Free iPad Application
: Top Free iPhone Applications
: Top Free iPad Application [Education]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Education]
: Top Free iPad Application [Kids]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Kids]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for iTunes U
Crashes while loading app (2.1)
1/27/2015 7:29:00 AM
1/5 By pdporter
The title says the problem. The application loads, I get the library view and crash... It resets my iPad as well.
Keeps crashing! (2.1)
1/23/2015 3:49:00 PM
2/5 By Musicgeek24-7
This is a great app, but it keeps crashing when I go to open it. I am always hesitant to delete and re-download because I don't want to loose any of the materials my professors have posted in my courses. PLEASE FIX!! Also I followed the protocol for if it keeps crashing by reinstalling the app. Thanks to that I lost one of my courses, for which I have tried to put in the enrollment code, but it keeps telling me there's an error. FIX THIS!!
Crashes Every.Single.Time (2.1)
1/22/2015 3:15:00 AM
1/5 By gidgetm
Love the app and content, but it crashes every time- and uninstalling and reinstalling every day is getting old. Please fix the glitch!!
For now, 1 star (2.1)
1/21/2015 3:14:00 PM
1/5 By Terriblychaotic
I absolutely love using this app...when I download it the first time. However, every time after that, the app crashes upon opening. Please fix this!!!!!! I don't want to keep uninstalling and installing it. Thanks
App Crashes Upon Opening!!! (2.1)
1/21/2015 4:57:00 AM
1/5 By TinyZebra777
I love iTunes U, but ever since the last update when I attempt to open the app it crashes and goes back to the home screen! I have tried uninstalling then re-installing the app, even rebooting my iPad and no luck. Please fix this issue!
Please fix (2.1)
1/20/2015 6:43:00 PM
1/5 By Add me HFVPD
No longer opens
FIX THIS APP (2.1)
1/20/2015 6:27:00 AM
1/5 By Riemann8
I would give this app five stars BUT for the fact it keeps crashing on my iPad Air 2 in iOS8.
Please, please, please fix this app!
Needs to be FIXED (2.1)
1/19/2015 10:58:00 AM
2/5 By Marite07
App keeps crashing. I open it up and it crashes. I have to keep removing the app and reinstalling it.
Great - needs an enhancement (2.1)
1/15/2015 9:49:00 PM
4/5 By B_Rider
Great app - please create a way to play tracks/lessons continually like in a playlist. Every time it goes to a new lesson I have to pull out my phone and click on the next lesson.
5 stars if u can fix (2.1)
1/15/2015 11:00:00 AM
3/5 By Savory Learner
Great app but always crashes upon launch. iPhone 6 plus..... PLEASE FIX!!!!
Needs a feature (2.1)
1/14/2015 7:29:00 PM
3/5 By Williamschaerer899
I like a lot of the features here! Especially the ability for the schools to upload course outlines.
However, since I would like to listen to these while riding in the car or doing athletics, a feature needs to be added to allow continuous playing; or a playlist
1/14/2015 3:53:00 PM
1/5 By Mymymy23
You guys are loosing credibility when you go weeks without fixing a huge bug like this. I have to re-install this app EVERY time I want to get in it. I shouldn't have to do that. Not to mention most of my classes require this. Fix this bug soon.
Doesn't work (2.1)
1/14/2015 5:27:00 AM
1/5 By Ncanton87
It keeps kicking me out.
Great app, but crashes upon launch! (2.1)
1/11/2015 7:05:00 PM
4/5 By Malini407
I love this app, however for the past week or so the app crashes when ever I launch it. What's the fix for it? There is no update that I see to install. I am unable to access the podcasts I've subscribed to. Please assist!!!
Can't open app (2.1)
1/11/2015 12:17:00 AM
1/5 By Michhekd
I can't open this app. And I used to can't open the other apps like keynotes, pages, and numbers too but after the update they were able to open. Please fix this issue thank you!!
Enjoy but keeps crashing (2.1)
1/8/2015 1:22:00 AM
3/5 By profruby
The app will not even open anymore unless I delete and reinstall. And then will only open once.
Wonderful app but it keeps crashing (2.1)
1/6/2015 1:24:00 AM
2/5 By Ari_Loves
I love this app so much..but i can't
Use it because it keeps crashing
Crash on open (2.1)
1/6/2015 12:51:00 AM
3/5 By Okwesedwde
Simply crash on open after I download a few episodes.
Great app (2.1)
1/5/2015 9:44:00 PM
3/5 By G.2A
Great app, but still has some big bugs that need fixing.
It isn't working with my iPhone 6 AT ALL!
I would give 5 stars but...... (2.1)
1/4/2015 5:49:00 AM
3/5 By faux romeo
The fact I have to delete the app every other day and reinstall the app is annoying.
Every time I listen to a recording the app is closed. Next day try to play another and it closes out. And will not open.
Please fix this!
Crashed app iTunes U (2.1)
1/3/2015 8:39:00 PM
1/5 By Pangolita
I recently downloaded this app, about 5 days ago. I browsed it and seemed ok. Today I'm trying to open it AND IT DOES NOT OPEN. I tried to fix it by uninstalling it and start over again, it was in my iCloud, reinstalled it and AGAIN IT DOES NOT OPEN. Is anyone at Apple that can give me a solution? Any expert out there experiencing the same?
Great Learning app!!! (2.1)
1/3/2015 6:40:00 PM
5/5 By KaramoD
I love this app, it allows me to receive the same education as the students at MIT or Yale
iPhone 6 plus glitch (2.1)
1/2/2015 3:07:00 PM
4/5 By IR0NCH3F
Got the 6 plus and the app is crashing on opening. I got it to open once, downloaded some class videos, and now it's non-functional. Please fix!
Good app.. When it works. (2.1)
1/2/2015 4:36:00 AM
1/5 By Lauren Darwin
Good app but it crashes whenever I try to open it. Please fix.
Potentially great, chronically crashes. (2.1)
1/1/2015 5:21:00 PM
1/5 By acmiceli1211
PLEASE FIX for iPad: crashes on launching.
This would be my favorite app were I able to open it consistently.
For those struggling with the app, using the spotlight search to access downloaded content has helped me get around the crashing problem...at least for now....good luck!
Not bad (2.1)
1/1/2015 11:38:00 AM
3/5 By Saeidalizad
Great app! Easy to understand and use! (2.1)
1/1/2015 12:18:00 AM
5/5 By David Lorea Farrington
Great app! Easy to understand and use!
David Lorea Farrington
12/29/2014 3:23:00 AM
3/5 By axemaddock
I have enjoyed listening to courses and am happy when the application works. It became unstable and would not always work on my 6plus. I would have to cycle power and sometimes give up on the time I had available to listen to a course. I deleted the app and downloaded it again. Let us see how it works.
Love the app (2.1)
12/27/2014 8:02:00 AM
1/5 By Nick C Durham
Fix it !!!! Keeps crashing you have to delete it then download again
12/27/2014 4:46:00 AM
2/5 By Ejel's iPad Air 2 reviews
Used to be an app favorite. Now it closes when trying to open again after initial use and app has to be deleted and reloaded over and over again to use. This is particularly disappointing and frustrating since I have purchased materials to use along with courses. Come on Apple, fix it please.