By Apple (iTunes S.a.r.l.)
Supported Devices :
, iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
11/22/2013 | Version : 1.4 | Size : 19.6 MB
This version of iTunes U has been updated for iOS 7 with an all-new look and feel.
8/6/2013 | Version : 1.3.1 | Size : 30.5 MB
This update to iTunes U:
• Checks for course updates when you pull to refresh the notepad
• Resolves an issue that may prevent courses from updating
• Fixes a problem where iTunes U may unexpectedly quit when opening the Catalog repeatedly
• Improves support for Arabic, French, German, Greek, Italian, Russian, and Spanish
10/30/2012 | Version : 1.3 | Size : 18.3 MB
iTunes U 1.3 adds support for iOS 6. This version also provides:
• A new single day view to see all of your posts and assignments due on a particular day.
• Addresses an issue which prevented Closed Captioning from appearing when available.
The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 600,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
• The selection of courses, collections, and availability of content linked from within a course may vary by country
: Top Free iPad Application
: Top Free iPhone Applications
: Top Free iPad Application [Education]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Education]
: Top Free iPad Application [Kids]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Kids]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for iTunes U
Another "Must Have" (1.3.1)
10/14/2013 6:43:00 PM
5/5 By JRB882
Great App (1.3.1)
10/13/2013 10:26:00 PM
5/5 By matthew.ly
Great app for any student.
Not very good (1.3.1)
10/13/2013 3:23:00 AM
2/5 By Hershey_girly
It has very few song. Don't buy.
Doesn't work (1.3.1)
10/12/2013 5:26:00 PM
1/5 By Teknohusky
I downloaded it to my iPad mini and when I open it, the bookshelf comes up but when I click on catalogue on the top left it takes me to a blank white screen. I thought maybe it was still loading so I waited but nothing happened.
10/11/2013 2:37:00 PM
5/5 By Brandon kruse
Get it now (1.3.1)
10/6/2013 10:30:00 PM
5/5 By Jean B. 123
ITunesU has so much great stuff, it's unbelievable. A must have on your iPad
Needs IOS 7 Support (1.3.1)
10/4/2013 5:41:00 AM
4/5 By Z...a
I love this app, and I use it a lot, but I can easily tell that this app is not designed for IOS 7. The top of the app is cut off because of the black status bar. The app is great, but it definitely needs some improvement.
Just getting sick of Apple (1.3.1)
10/3/2013 4:03:00 AM
1/5 By EKven
Being held hostage by a 54-page modification to the User Agreement is just the latest in Apple Attitude. I'm ready to look for alternatives.
Has bugs...? (1.3.1)
10/2/2013 12:45:00 AM
2/5 By Flippin40
Trying to download embedded video and it refuses to load. Not a happy camper
iTunes U (1.3.1)
9/30/2013 9:02:00 AM
5/5 By CrazyWyckedCool
I LOVE THE APP!! But please update to look more iOS 7ish. It's so late! So iOS 6
ios 7 (1.3.1)
9/30/2013 12:46:00 AM
4/5 By Nikakuakin
please update to ios 7! It will be great.
Fix this (1.3.1)
9/28/2013 6:13:00 AM
1/5 By Ssygir
What a cool app - if it wasn't useless to 1st gen iPad users, since on our devices it just crashes. Fix this, since I'm not about to purchase a whole new iPad for an app or two.
I used to love it but it won't work (1.3.1)
9/27/2013 4:58:00 PM
1/5 By Toxifera13
I used to love this app, it had amazing potential for education and the pursuit of knowledge, however since I've updated my iPhone I haven't been able to access anything, I can't access courses, I can't even browse! All it shows is white. Please fix this, I love this app!
iTunes Houston we have a problem (1.3.1)
9/26/2013 4:32:00 PM
1/5 By Ingganeer
My iTunes immediately shuts down once opened on iOs7.
Somebody needs to get to work.
9/25/2013 8:05:00 PM
1/5 By Myhydw
Just gives me a blank screen
There is an awkward bug running on iOS 7! (1.3.1)
9/23/2013 4:14:00 AM
1/5 By 猫的薛定谔
Even if you have locked your orientation to landscape, you will return to portrait orientation in the app after you watched a video.
9/22/2013 3:17:00 PM
2/5 By dordr
Kinda broken under ios 7. Apple needs to maybe hire some more software developers? Their own apps are falling apart.
Why split the apps up? (1.3.1)
9/19/2013 4:05:00 PM
1/5 By Naria1
splitting the iTunes app up into music, podcasts, and iTunes U was NOT helpful for me.
9/16/2013 3:28:00 AM
5/5 By enixflare
Surprising at all the books that are available
I LOVE THIS APP!! (1.3.1)
9/8/2013 2:20:00 AM
5/5 By beenfargone
Apple really has made learning such a blast, and at such a convenience. There's a course for anyone that wants to learn. This app alone is worth the purchase of an iOS device!
Almost great (1.3.1)
9/7/2013 11:31:00 PM
4/5 By eddyx039
So far I love that I can send my students PDF notes, images, and keynotes. One thing that I really really hope you guys up date for course makers as well as users is the ability to make folders within the documents I push to students. Already they will look at me like, where is this, what do I need? If I could make additional folders I could group all unit checklists and worksheets together for that unit verses all of them together.
love the contents (1.3.1)
9/6/2013 7:48:00 AM
4/5 By Peaches Lucky Bear
this app is very educative and informative, no crashes and bugs detected, that's why i highly appreciate this app
I'll get smarter (1.3.1)
9/5/2013 2:46:00 AM
5/5 By Parker Corrigan j
I am 9 and I am starting Spanish it's great ill be smarter than everyone in my class problem
I love "ethos" you (1.3.1)
9/4/2013 3:43:00 PM
5/5 By dlove021
Thanks a million I wouldn't pass calculus 3 without you. An awe inspiring adventure
Wonderful content but crashes constantly (1.3.1)
9/1/2013 5:53:00 PM
2/5 By othersideofthepillow
A intelligent and simple way to expand your knowledge (1.3.1)
8/31/2013 9:02:00 AM
5/5 By Blazinbullets2520
Not only for college students, i recommend checking this app out regardless of age, stature and credentials.
8/31/2013 4:03:00 AM
4/5 By ☔😜
Good but won't update (1.3.1)
8/28/2013 9:34:00 PM
5/5 By dorothymcintush
I guess something weird happened because my application will not receive the updates and my courses are not updating and I am missing information my teacher adds to it
8/28/2013 7:34:00 AM
5/5 By Gmfkfkfmfkvb
I love ITunes U
Freeze u (1.3.1)
8/28/2013 4:43:00 AM
1/5 By The Judger 99
Horrible app, consistently freezes which makes it very annoying to use.