By Apple (Apple Inc.)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
4/24/2014 | Version : 2.0.2 | Size : 5.4 MB
This update resolves an issue where the 15-second skip buttons may not appear on the lock screen when used with iOS 7.1.
Use this version of Podcasts with iOS 7.1 and iTunes 11.1.5 or later to resolve issues with downloading and playing episodes after syncing with iTunes.
2/6/2014 | Version : 2.0.1 | Size : 5.4 MB
This version of Podcasts includes the following improvements:
• You can now pull to refresh subscriptions in My Podcasts
• Resolved an issue that may cause playback to stop unexpectedly
• Fixed a problem where subscriptions may stop updating with new episodes
• Includes additional improvements to overall stability
11/16/2013 | Version : 2.0 | Size : 5.3 MB
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you'll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it's even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favorites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favorite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions, and your stations and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC, and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations, and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
: Top Free iPad Application
: Top Free iPhone Applications
: Top Free iPad Application [Entertainment]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Entertainment]
: Top Free iPad Application [Kids]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Kids]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for Podcasts
Not user friendly ! (2.0.2)
4/24/2014 3:08:00 AM
1/5 By SamuelTheGr8
I was loving the podcast app. I used to listen to the business investing section. Now I hate the app. I can not find anything! What happen to the app? Who's the idiot who screwed it up?
can’t believe it (2.0.2)
4/23/2014 7:36:00 AM
1/5 By moderately
So this little time bomb sat on my iPod for quite awhile without causing me too much pain. Then I impulsively clicked the “allow app to manage podcasts” or the equivalent. What this means is that you have no podcasts if you have no wi-fi available. And you need to keep downloading them from the cloud. Hate it hate it hate it.
White screen of death (2.0.2)
4/22/2014 10:46:00 PM
1/5 By Angle side side 123
The title is self-explanatory. I get a white screen for a few seconds, then a crash. Have tried deleting and reinstalling, but no luck. Crazy to think how buggy this app has been for so long now. I was optimistic when they refreshed all the graphics, but the back end is still flawed.
4/22/2014 4:07:00 AM
5/5 By Jonth3600
4/22/2014 2:49:00 AM
1/5 By sprocker5
The whole purpose of technology is to make your life easier. I shouldn't be wasting my time trying to coax this app into downloading podcasts or having it quit playing 5 to 7 times in the middle of a podcast. Recently, this app has become my most hated thing to deal with on a daily basis as it reports download errors over and over. Also, it tells me a podcast isn't available after I already completely downloaded it. Everything worked better last year.
One Star for this and iTunes 11.1 (2.0.2)
4/22/2014 1:25:00 AM
1/5 By 8 bit snow
Thanks apple for making a mess of podcasts AGAIN. This time to around, you have the unmitigated gall to not allow the deletion of old episodes from showing in your library. Good job guys!!!
Seriously. Just put them back in music like the good old days and just leave it alone. it was working just fine back then. stop trying to "fix" it in iTunes too. just roll it back to what was going on in iTunes 10 or prior. Because it is just a mess now….
4/21/2014 1:25:00 PM
1/5 By Frankly carbones
Way to ruin a perfectly fine app. None of my previous subscriptions update episodes any longer. complete garbage app
Fix it (2.0.2)
4/21/2014 4:47:00 AM
1/5 By Monkinto_Master
Fix it this app just flat out doesn't work at all. It fails to do the most important part of any podcast app, SYNC PODCASTS!!!!!!!! How do you screw up this badly apple?
4/20/2014 3:54:00 PM
2/5 By VintageGeek
Was working ok for me until it crashed this morning and 2 thirds of my podcasts just disappeared. Must be a bad "Easter Egg". When the app does run right it's still a mystery on wifi vs cellular. I swear I download podcast shows which disappear and then the app wants you to stream. Very upsetting when your in your car listening to the morning list. If I download I want the show to stay there until "I" delete it.
This app blows (2.0.2)
4/20/2014 6:55:00 AM
1/5 By Jed9561
Basically unusable. None of the buttons do any of what's actually desired, podcasts fail to download with a solid connection and even when the buttons do work they're way too small for average sized fingers. Do not download!!!!
PLEASE FIX THIS APP (2.0.2)
4/20/2014 2:02:00 AM
2/5 By WinterSnow
For the most part this app works well and I enjoy watching podcasts with it but it won't download apps over cellular data for me. This is very frustrating as I prefer to download an app to watch it rather than streaming. This is definitely a bug in the app as I have done all trouble shooting steps available and it won't download over a cellular network. The App Store appears to have a flaw as well. I have tried to submit this review about 4 times already and it doesn't work. I click send but it isn't posting the review. Another thing to fix please.
4/20/2014 1:06:00 AM
1/5 By Playstationfan63733
This app is terrible. It does not work.
It works for me (2.0.2)
4/19/2014 3:28:00 PM
4/5 By A&EWorkman
I did like the old way podcasts were in my iTunes music app on my iPhone. But this way works too.
Absolutely Horrible (2.0.2)
4/18/2014 9:27:00 PM
1/5 By Jkjjjffv
It makes you stream the podcast from the cloud great if you have unlimited data plan or wifi, HORRIBLE if you don't
1) Download mp3 to desktop.
2) Launch iTunes and drag mp3 to music library.
3) Add new playlist titled "podcasts."
4) Drag mp3 to "podcasts" playlist.
5) Connect iPhone to computer. On main sync screen check off "transfer only checked playlists and music."
6) Apply sync.
Plagued with Sync Issues (2.0.2)
4/18/2014 1:13:00 AM
1/5 By Cameron E
When you end up in an internet-less situation and go to play a podcast, only to find that for some reason your podcasts didn't sync, it makes for an AWFUL user experience. I have waited and waited for a fix and for some reason Apple isn't stepping up.
4/17/2014 7:26:00 PM
1/5 By Mr Bogard
Restore the podcast function in the music app.
Some issues (2.0.2)
4/17/2014 7:03:00 PM
3/5 By JS_18-MLX
Lovin the app but all of a sudden i can no longer download the podcasts its only allowing me to stream. Fix this for 5 stars.
4/17/2014 12:50:00 PM
5/5 By Sarooye
Download it.you won't be regret.
She's a star on the rise! (2.0.2)
4/16/2014 4:14:00 PM
5/5 By Pallywood
She's a star on the rise!
App crashes (2.0.2)
4/16/2014 3:01:00 PM
1/5 By Snowsurfer82
Randomly starting yesterday my app keeps on crashing. Need to fix this problem ASAP I tried re downloading it no good
This app is broken (2.0.2)
4/16/2014 1:59:00 AM
1/5 By Harryman04
Please fix this app. Almost nothing about it works correctly. I'm a programmer myself so I know it's not user error. This app has some serious problems. Please fix it.
It gets the job done (2.0.2)
4/16/2014 1:44:00 AM
4/5 By itsJeffo
I don't understand why this app has such low ratings. Sure it's not as powerful as something like Downcast, but I love this app because it's the bare essentials and I like that minimalism aspect of it. I don't need all the bells and whistles that come with some of the other apps. Even Instacast is a little too much for me. I'm ok with this app, no problem.
No problems here (2.0.2)
4/15/2014 6:23:00 AM
5/5 By Ez908
I dont see why the bad ratings but im new to podcasts and its perfect to me only thing is lack of urban podcast but im sure they will be more
4/14/2014 7:16:00 PM
5/5 By Fresikiwi
Has problems:-( (2.0.2)
4/14/2014 1:19:00 PM
2/5 By J223-
Apps already downloaded revert to their old form of not being downloaded in a short period of time. Pain, because has an ample selection of podcasts.
Podcasts were perfectly fine under the "music" tab (2.0.2)
4/14/2014 9:18:00 AM
1/5 By Bleachy B.
I listen to more podcasts than I do music on my iPhone. I was perfectly happy using the "Music" icon to toggle between music, playlists and podcasts.
That being said, I was open to using an app that exclusively handled podcasts if it was going to improve functionality. Episodes remain available for download via the "cloud" even after I have already listened to them on the iPhone- even after I physically remove them from iTunes. Everything about it is clumsy compared to the relatively simple way that podcasts were cordoned when they were a part of "Music".
I have been driven away from this software to sample other "paid" podcast apps.
What? Why? (2.0.2)
4/14/2014 8:16:00 AM
1/5 By tripoxy
I just updated to 6.1, why was podcast removed from the music app???? A dumb move if you ask me. now I have extra steps to download and play but in the end it still views in downloads and in music app, what is the point??????? stop breaking things!!! why do i need this for downloads??? dumb!
Constant Problems (2.0.2)
4/14/2014 12:00:00 AM
1/5 By JohnMTX
How hard is it to make a podcast app that works consistently? I am constantly having syncing problems. Now most of my podcast will not sync with my phone. I've deleted the app and will try reinstalling and resyncing to see if that fixed the problem. A few years ago this was a simple app that worked every time.
Stay away (2.0.2)
4/13/2014 7:34:00 PM
1/5 By Nodidi
Did someone actually get paid to write this app? Using this app for podcasts is frustrating. They don't download or if they do, some stay in the cloud so I have to stream the podcast . Not sure why apple isn't fixing this - users have been complaining for a long time. Take notice
Try again... (2.0.2)
4/13/2014 3:44:00 PM
1/5 By Tinman2585
It's always good to have room for improvement, but this is sad. Where is the attention to detail. When Apple provided this platform, you figure they could also showcase the best of what an app could do to support podcasts. However, this needs improvement. You can't easily see show notes. You can't create playlists. Sync'ing is unreliable.
And then there is "home sharing"which worked in the past when podcasts were a part of the music app, but as a result of the separation must now be sync'd to a devices local storage to actually be able to be played.
And the list of flaws goes on...