By Apple (Apple Inc.)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
11/16/2013 | Version : 2.0 | Size : 5.3 MB
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you'll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it's even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.
9/7/2013 | Version : 1.2.3 | Size : 8.9 MB
This version of Podcasts provides several bug fixes.
4/19/2013 | Version : 1.2.1 | Size : 7.2 MB
Introducing Podcasts 1.2
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes
• Choose whether your stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode
• Your stations are stored in iCloud and kept up-to-date on all of your devices
• Create an On-The-Go playlist with your own list of episodes
• Playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the Podcasts app
• The Now Playing view has been redesigned with easier to use playback controls
• Addressed an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app
• Additional performance and stability improvements
Podcasts 1.2.1 addresses a problem with refreshing some podcasts and an issue with upgrading to Podcasts 1.2.
Introducing the all-new Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favorites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favorite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions, and your stations and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC, and Apple TV
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Syncing subscriptions, stations, and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.1 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
: Top Free iPad Application
: Top Free iPhone Applications
: Top Free iPad Application [Entertainment]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Entertainment]
: Top Free iPad Application [Kids]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Kids]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for Podcasts
Great App (2.0)
11/15/2013 3:31:00 PM
5/5 By Jason Cox
The recent updates to the Podcasts app are great. The only thing I'd change is to add an option to have it keep play if you switch to a different app. At present you need to open Control Center and start it back up again.
11/15/2013 2:02:00 PM
1/5 By Tafkak
Keeps re-downloading podcasts I've already listened to, shows podcasts I'm in the middle of grayed out and unable to continue listening to. Apple you must fix this if you are going to require it to listen to Podcasts.
No design at all (2.0)
11/15/2013 1:50:00 PM
1/5 By stantan2
That is the worst designed app I never sight just texture there is no design at all, don't deserve a single star
Ok, needs improvement (2.0)
11/15/2013 1:18:00 PM
3/5 By ibanezgfx
Well first, it's irritating that you can't sync podcasts from iTunes anymore so if you only use your phone for podcasts, might as well unsubscribe to all podcasts through iTunes because they'll just waste space in your hard drive.
Second, the podcast app works ok but 9/10 times when in done listening to one, it still shows unplayed. Not a big deal but annoying nevertheless.
They also need to make the app communicate between devices. I have my work phone that I listen to some on and when I'm done, I still have the podcast showing unplayed on my other devices. Again, not a huge deal but really wish it were fixed.
Also wish you just just play the podcasts through the music app. Doesn't make any sense why they got rid of that feature.
Overall the app is ok, but buggy and completely unnecessary.
Total Garbage (2.0)
11/15/2013 1:08:00 PM
1/5 By Sarthaz
Can't resume playback after extended absence. Can't seek from lock screen. And it deletes my podcasts WHILE I AM LISTENING TO THEM! This app is a total failure. I "upgraded" to iOS 7 so I could back everything up before buying a new phone. Guess the better plan is to save some cash and ditch Apple altogether. What are they thinking!
Ehh. It's ok, BUT.... (2.0)
11/15/2013 9:20:00 AM
3/5 By NYC to Louisville
Bring back the 30sec & 10sec skips, please!
Also, under "My Stations", make the Edit/Add/Clear section persistent. When I want to move podcasts around, I have to be at the top to "Edit" then, scroll down to move things around.
Doesn't sync podcasts correctly (2.0)
11/15/2013 7:54:00 AM
1/5 By Gnyb
This app will not properly sync podcasts with iTunes. Podcasts show up in iTunes but not on phone, even after repeated syncs, reinstall, etc. May be related to mp3 tags not being properly edited/recognized between iTunes and this app?
poor UI and lacking functionality (2.0)
11/15/2013 5:53:00 AM
3/5 By p96
Some of the controls are too crowded for my average size thumbs, and it doesn’t allow one to rate podcasts and sync that back to iTunes.
11/15/2013 5:37:00 AM
1/5 By Tes812
This app has been broken for waaay to long. Every update causes a new and interesting problem. It still confuses the music files with the podcast app. Now it won't even play through my car speakers. Very frustrating. Do you guys even test these? Failure after failure.
Don't install it! The new version is just as bad. (2.0)
11/15/2013 1:42:00 AM
1/5 By Imry Boston
Updated November 13: the new version looks way better but all the old bugs are still here.
It is a terrible app for all the reasons mentioned in other reviews. When you install it the Podcast option is removed from the Music app and the syncing of Podcasts with iTunes goes bad. I uninstalled it and re-booted my iPhone in order to get the Podcast option back to the Music app.
11/15/2013 1:29:00 AM
1/5 By TittiesandBeer
Some podcast subscriptions updates but most don't. This app is terrible
11/15/2013 12:27:00 AM
1/5 By bravofourthree
This is a seriously flawed app but since the last up date, I've got to get rid of it. Does nothing as advertised. Reloads out dated old podcasts that I don't even want. Junk! Does not update subscribed to podcasts
11/14/2013 9:49:00 PM
1/5 By Callofdutyghosts
Horrible horrible app!!! It is so stupid!!!
Bravo :) (2.0)
11/14/2013 8:53:00 PM
5/5 By Chris-AviationExpert
This app is very good, I listen to podcasts everyday on the way to school and on the way home. There are some things that were changed from the iOS 6 version that I miss such as the lines indicating the different chapters on the bar that shows where you are in the podcast. Also the white layout is not really the best, it feels to bright and is really hard on my eyes early in the morning. Other than that, this is a great app and keep making more just like it :)
Download fails (2.0)
11/14/2013 7:09:00 PM
2/5 By the_lizzilla
App keeps stopping podcasts mid play, saying they are unavailable and downloads keep failing.
Never Better (2.0)
11/14/2013 6:16:00 PM
2/5 By Wrave
2.0 seemed to change a lot of button styles, but the usability of Podcasts are still weird. Biggest missing feature is being able to make a smart playlist of already downloaded casts. Without that, what's the point in setting up all these auto-download preferences? Instead, sometimes my playlist just stops while driving to ask if i want to use cellular data. NO. Skip to next. It asks again. I'm at my wit's end.
It's nice, but... (2.0)
11/14/2013 3:14:00 PM
1/5 By Internet Jesus
I am absolutely unable to download podcasts from this app.
I have to download them from my PC then sync.
Garbage update (2.0)
11/14/2013 1:58:00 PM
1/5 By Guins
Cannot sync all of my podcasts!! FIX IT!!!!!
11/14/2013 10:19:00 AM
1/5 By Bertha J. Christiansen
I do not use it now and then about 1 week
Doesn't work after I update iOS (2.0)
11/14/2013 9:19:00 AM
1/5 By Ice52
It doesn't even run, I can't listen to all my subscription....please fix.
Updated review (2.0)
11/14/2013 5:59:00 AM
2/5 By Rc1066
About a year ago I rated this as a one star app because it was functionally useless. Since the update I felt the app was somewhat improved, however it screwed up my subscriptions when I first updated. After that it was ok for awhile but for the second time this app has completely locked up forcing me to reinstall. I am done. I tried to work with it Apple. The really inexcusable part is this app has been junk since it came out. They have had plenty of time to fix it and I will admit that they have improved it somewhat but there are simply far superior options in the App Store. Fare well podcast app
Another iOS 7 casualty (2.0)
11/14/2013 5:42:00 AM
3/5 By SistaKnit
I loved the podcast app and used it daily. Since the upgrade my numbers indicating new episodes appear and disappear regularly. At first I have 14 unread and then I open it and literally watch my numbers all disappear. Really annoying.
I only need to hear things once (2.0)
11/14/2013 5:27:00 AM
3/5 By alarob
This app is improving, except for one thing. Podcasts that I have listened to in full keep getting added back as new, unplayed programs. This doesn't happen consistently, or even most of the time. Just often enough to prevent me from understanding what could be causing it. (Apple Support Forums are choked with user gripes about this app and offer little substantive advice. Just contradictory user experiences.)
I am tired of having to try to guess what kind of user behavior Apple wishes to instill in me with each new Podcasts release. What about what I want? I've indicated it in the app settings. So why won't the app obey the settings?
I've tried to make life simpler by ignoring the Podcasts category in iTunes. It doesn't help: Programs I've listened to still reappear, "unplayed." My workaround is to scrub through these podcasts, making sure the very last second is played (again) and that I can see the status of the program changing. Usually this prevents a third recurrence of the same program, but not always.
I estimate that I waste almost an hour a week managing podcast episodes that won't go away.
Who cares about the color (2.0)
11/14/2013 3:54:00 AM
5/5 By Dubstep hippo
Stop complaining about how it's white it's perfectly fine and doesn't change your experience.get this app it works
Keeps freezing while playing. (2.0)
11/14/2013 1:38:00 AM
2/5 By Jakeblues60431
Since the last update I get a message stating podcast not available at this time even on podcasts that I download. Happens multiple times in each episode, please fix.
What Happened!! (2.0)
11/14/2013 12:41:00 AM
1/5 By Dave Wilcox
I have been using Podcast consistently since it's initial release. But, now none of my podcasts are refreshing and downloading. They no longer show up as I pull down to refresh. However, if I go into iTunes the new podcasts are showing up there.
Tops for Footy Podcasts (2.0)
11/13/2013 10:43:00 PM
5/5 By cwimms
High quality, original, entertaining and thought provoking
Bad User interface (2.0)
11/13/2013 8:39:00 PM
1/5 By Flatiron303303
The app hangs on iPad and the UI for selecting and playing podcasts is just horrible. If podcast have to separate from music, at least provide a quality app.
Completely Nerfed (2.0)
11/13/2013 8:06:00 PM
1/5 By mpaladin1
I can't manage my podcasts out of iTunes anymore. I can't play the podcast I download later, I can only stream them which eats my data plan.
Absurdly inefficient. (2.0)
11/13/2013 6:43:00 PM
1/5 By banjobabe89
There is no cohesion between the iTunes version and the app. The podcasts don't sync and update correctly. Items I've downloaded in iTunes are only in the cloud on my phone. Most of my podcasts claim to be "unavailable" on my phone, even though they've been downloaded and will play on my computer. I'm an avid podcast listener, and this is unacceptable. Does anyone know of another podcast app?