By Nik Software, Inc.
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
5/10/2016 | Version : 2.4.1 | Size : 43.9 MB
• Histogram: Improved precision
• Details: Add negative Structure to smooth micro contrasts
• Style selector: Automatically scrolls to the next position
• Crop: Aspect ratio respects image orientation
2/5/2016 | Version : 2.3 | Size : 42.9 MB
• Lens Blur: automatic face detection and blur placement
• Auto-Straighten: automatically adjust to the horizon
• Share images directly to Instagram when Instagram app is installed
• Enhanced Metadata Display in Settings & details menu
12/20/2015 | Version : 2.2.1 | Size : 41.7 MB
Fixes a crash related to the in-filter help
• Quick Actions on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
• Optimized for iPad Pro
• Filter styles default to the last applied style
• Bugfixes and stability improvements
Perfect your photos in a snap with the new Snapseed 2. This app brings to your mobile device the power and control of professional photo editing software, previously only available on the desktop. Now with the tap of a finger you can retouch, adjust perspective, re-edit, and more.
== Tools to Perfect Photos==
• Tune image - use to auto adjust for instant fixes, use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and fine tune brightness, saturation, contrast, and more
• Details - enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control that makes a photo’s subject pop
• Crop - crop images to standard aspect ratios or free crop
• Rotate - easily rotate 90°, straighten or free rotate how you like
• Transform - adjust perspective across vertical and horizontal axes, then fill in empty areas after rotation
• Brush - selectively apply effects to regions of an image
• Selective adjust - make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Healing - remove dust and dirt from the image without leaving a trace
• Vignette - adjust brightness around the the subject of an image, includes a control to freely position the effect
== Filters to Add Style ==
• Lens Blur - draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background
• Glamour Glow - add a glow to the image that is particularly useful for glamour and fashion photography
• Tonal Contrast - bring out fine contrasts across shadows and highlights, with precise exposure control
• HDR Scape - bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama - add style with an effect specifically tailored to your photo, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects
• Grunge - an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy film - get modern film looks with a realistic grain engine
• Vintage - make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux - make your photos look truly retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles, and more
• Noir - modern Black-and-White film looks with a realistic grain engine and the all-new “wash” effect
• Black & White - get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter
• Frames - add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch
== Stacks for Managing your Edits==
• Stacks provide a list of applied filters that you can re-edit or copy and apply to another image
• Use Stacks to go back in time visually
• Re-edit any filter at any time!
• Remove a filter at any position in the stack
• Use the new Stacks Brush to paint in or out any applied filter
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Photo & Video]
: Top Free iPad Application [Photo & Video]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for Snapseed
Contest winner (2.2.1)
2/3/2016 9:43:00 PM
5/5 By Moejo1942
I used this app to edit a few pictures of mine that were then submitted to a contest and because of this app they are on display in a museum!
Need to save over the same photo! (2.2.1)
2/3/2016 9:15:00 PM
1/5 By dathandagostino
Need to save over the same photo! Like all your competition allows!!! I hate that I have to save and it adds a new photo when I don't need a new photo. Just allow to save over the existing photo!
easy to use (2.3)
2/3/2016 8:32:00 PM
5/5 By TheTCQ
very easy to use and no bugs noticed
Keeps Getting Better (2.3)
2/3/2016 8:31:00 PM
5/5 By Paul in NJ
Great improvements with the latest update but the best thing about Snapseed is still its magical way it smartly identifies the area to be adjusted during the selective adjustment process. Instead of just being a round circle that can be enlarged or reduced with no ability to change shape, the area you tap extends to the rest of that contiguous area in an incredibly intelligent manner, providing a very precise selection. I still fervently hope the developers will extend their selective adjustments beyond just brightness, contrast, and saturation to include their entire battery of adjustments (and how about adding a black point as well). My three-star rating which lasted for a couple of years has been a full five stars for several months now. Simply put, this is a must-have app for any casual or professional photographer.
Severely crippled in latest update! (2.3)
2/3/2016 8:26:00 PM
1/5 By democrazy
Like others in the Snapped forum I too made the discovery that Snapseed on my iPad no longer saved at a usable resolution. Previously I had been using Snapseed for quick edits that were fine, but after the latest update I noticed blurred details and coarse artifacts. The file sizes had degraded from 10Mb to just 10% of that with obvious deterioration of the quality, both on screen and in printing. I immediately stopped using the app as I regarded the output I was previously getting good enough to sell my prints professionally. That's no longer the case and no warning was given that the app became severely downgraded with the latest update.
Best Photo App Out There!! (2.2.1)
2/3/2016 6:08:00 PM
5/5 By R DRUMMER
I've been using Snapseed for a few years and it is still the best photo app I've tried. There are so many great ways to edit with the ability to get it exactly as you want. Thanks for continuing to evolve and bring new features to the app!
Great new UI but... (2.3)
2/3/2016 5:12:00 PM
3/5 By UpRocka
FINALLY some very welcome changes to probably still one of the best photo editing apps for iOS.
• Great new UI
• History/Undo is here finally
• Better visual feedback for photo info
• STILL NO WHITE BALANCE IN "TUNE IMAGE" however which is and has been a MASSIVE LET DOWN since it was removed like a year ago!!
• The removal of "blur" from the vignette adjustment is pretty crappy too, please put it back!
Current Feature Requests:
• Bring back WHITE BALANCE already!!!
• Bring back BLUR in vignette please!
• Allow A/B'ing of applied effects possible by pressing on photo while editing an effect INSTEAD of having to tap the icon in the top right.
• Add ability to save "Actions" or "Presets" for stacks so they can be applied to new images later one and recalled by simply selecting from a saved database vs "copy and then insert".
• Allow the ability to mute individual stack layers, not just top-to-bottom (don't really understand how that's extremely useful?)
• Create a "Reset" button within filters so that all parameters are back to their initial setting
• Please make an "Auto" button for the new Lens Blur option so that it's not engaged automatically when adding the filter! It's a cool feature but not everyone needs it in every instance.
Great update finally overall... But would be incredible if the issues noted were addressed.
Also... 1 major bug spotted:
When attempting to transfer images edited by Snapseed to my Mac, they are no where to be found. Tried rebooting both devices to realize that it doesn't make a difference and that this is clearly a bug. - Even worse: if you delete photos from your phone via Image Capture, it also deletes your Snapseed edits even though they are not visibly being selected for deletion. Total fail. NIC was a great company, Google, not so much.
*Update - May 29, 2015
• Export has remedied the issue with Snapseed edits not snowing up on the Mac later on. Thank you!
*Now PLEASE go and add WHITE BALANCE back to Tune Image!!! Pleeeeeease!!!
Snapseed is almost complete again!
Needs portrait editing tools... (2.2.1)
2/3/2016 4:03:00 PM
3/5 By kenj86rdcs
Needs teeth whitening and skin smoothing!! Will be perfect after that! Also eye sharpening!!
One of the best editing apps (2.2.1)
2/3/2016 3:41:00 PM
5/5 By Jared Ladia
This is one of the 2 editing apps I use before posting photos. One of the best hands down.
2/2/2016 3:14:00 PM
5/5 By Nabaz elt
My fav photo app! (2.2.1)
2/2/2016 2:15:00 AM
5/5 By SilverBirchStudio
This is definitely my go-to photo app for both iPhone and iPad. It gives me a lot of control over taking phone pix to the next level. Highly recommended!
Best HDR app! (2.2.1)
1/29/2016 12:06:00 AM
5/5 By Userwhousedit
Hands down, this is the best photo editor available on the App Store .
I love it. (2.2.1)
1/25/2016 4:08:00 PM
5/5 By Lady_uberr
Best photo editing app
Power photo App (2.2.1)
1/24/2016 5:12:00 AM
5/5 By Enthusiasts Alive
Giv it a TRY
1/22/2016 6:30:00 AM
5/5 By Br1Gr1
I thought this app was just great, but then I realized that with every adjustment you make it creates a layer that you can mask. Beautiful functionality, no ads, free...what's more to ask?
1/19/2016 2:31:00 PM
4/5 By Emanart
Please add a text feature! It would be even more awesome!
My go to on every device for years (2.2.1)
1/17/2016 9:03:00 PM
5/5 By Azzholio
Please make a desktop version
Best Photo editor (2.2.1)
1/17/2016 1:12:00 PM
5/5 By ab apple boy
Google had done it again, best photo editing app. If you like to have full control when editing photos this is the app for you. Anyone can turn any photos to make it look like it was taking in SLR camera. You can brighten or darken a section of the photo and many more. Best all you can save and pickup where you left off. BTW did I say I'm professional photographer who edits thousands of photos.
Best photo editing app for mobile (2.2.1)
1/17/2016 1:36:00 AM
5/5 By SerpicoLugNut
Snapseed is my go too app for mobile editing. It's allowed me to develop a mobile workflow that produces images as good as when I'm at my desk. One item that is missing: please add an extension so I can open photos from the Photos app in Snapseed without having to hunt for it.
1/15/2016 3:52:00 PM
4/5 By mamapiinkx0
What is "Healing?" Also is there edit for texture? Thx!
One thing I would add to great app (2.2.1)
1/12/2016 9:16:00 PM
5/5 By Ecogator58
I use Snapseed daily as my go-to photo editing app. I love this app. The one thing I would add is an ability to delete a photo from the app. In the process of editing I often know that I would like to delete a photo image but have to go back the photo library to do so. It would be much easier if the option to delete was available in the app.
1/9/2016 3:47:00 AM
4/5 By LZmotion
I love the app! I use it all the time for my pictures. However I think it would be useful if we could add our own signature/watermark. I don't want to go to another programs to add my name and lose quality in the process. Thank you!
1/7/2016 6:50:00 AM
5/5 By Greg Actual
I cannot believe how easy and functional this app is, perfect for any photo editing on an iPhone, I've had no problems at all, very simple design and it looks very nice! Good job Google
1/6/2016 8:05:00 PM
5/5 By softball0323
I love this app! The drama filter makes any outside photo look phenomenal. I'm obsessed with it!
1/6/2016 3:03:00 PM
5/5 By Fraley2557
This is the best free photo editing app.
best ui (2.2.1)
1/6/2016 3:44:00 AM
5/5 By ppppsssstttt
best interface, lots of options. what it does, it does very well. very impressed!
Just awesome (2.2.1)
1/4/2016 4:24:00 PM
5/5 By Vids107
Doesn't pull from google photos (2.2.1)
1/4/2016 5:46:00 AM
3/5 By Stewy93
The app does an excellent job of editing photos. The one problem is that it won't pull up my google photos app, where all my pictures are... They should add a way to connect to google photos.
1/3/2016 8:43:00 AM
5/5 By Jiiejsnw
So much better than all the other free apps I've used. This is fantastic!
Excellent photo editing app (2.2.1)
1/3/2016 5:15:00 AM
5/5 By Snap seeder
Perspective changes, variable rotations, and spot brushes... Almost what one can do in Lightroom. Almost.