By Nik Software, Inc.
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPhone6 Plus
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
1/31/2017 | Version : 2.15 | Size : 125.9 MB
• Curves: New tool for precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Face: Improved face detection
• Text: Added ability to force line breaks in multiline text styles
• Black & White: Improved grain quality.
1/5/2017 | Version : 2.14 | Size : 125.1 MB
• The Face filter provides an improved choice of styles.
• The Text tool now allows to center text more easily.
12/1/2016 | Version : 2.13 | Size : 128.2 MB
• Improved user interface that simplifies selecting and changing filter parameters.
• New tool: White Balance.
• Correction for developing raw files with embedded color profiles.
Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 26 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Transform (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Use the “stack” to re-adjust edits later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• “Insights” feature with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS AND FILTERS ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG (8 controls)
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control (7 controls)
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely (8 aspect ratios)
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Transform – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves - have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos (30 predefined styles)
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits (11 Bokeh types)
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits (6 styles)
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures (4 styles)
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays (5 basic styles, endless variations)
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain (18 styles)
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s (12 styles)
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles (13 basic styles, endless variations)
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect (14 styles)
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom (11 styles)
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size (23 frames)
• Face – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin (10 predefined styles)
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Photo & Video]
: Top Free iPad Application [Photo & Video]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Photo & Video
Comments and Ratings for Snapseed
Live Photos - gone (2.14)
1/1/2017 5:10:00 PM
2/5 By Andrew Higham
Appreciate some of the new changes, but really needs a warning before editing a Live picture that the "live" part of the picture will be lost if edited. Ability to lock out live images (treat them like video) would be fine too.
Thank You for A Great Editing App (2.14)
12/31/2016 1:57:00 PM
5/5 By Cowgirlheart
I love this app! It has given me the perfect tool I need to create great images on the fly or when I can be using my iPad - which means not at a desk! Love it. The tutorials are very helpful, well done. Thank you!
The best!!! but...paste? (2.14)
12/28/2016 6:55:00 PM
5/5 By Caroline Stuarty
What happened to paste function??? If you have a lot of photos that are similar it can be a chore to find the one you want to edit.
My pictures are gone. (2.14)
12/27/2016 9:05:00 PM
1/5 By CHevyyyc
Why is it that now when you save your edited photo, it gets sent directly to the snapseed album and the original is deleted? It occurred to me just recently after cleaning out my snapseed album to create space, that my original pictures were gone. Since I had just taken these pictures that day and was away from home, they also didn't get saved onto my computer. Gone. Forever. Without warning. Unbelievably disappointing!
THE BEST EDITING APP (2.14)
12/27/2016 1:21:00 PM
5/5 By littlelemon1012
This app has to beat all editing apps out there. Even Vsco Cam. This is very professional yet easy to use. My pictures turn out amazing each time!! I love the white balance, selection, brush, lens blur, and design the most!
Colors in brush (2.14)
12/27/2016 2:00:00 AM
5/5 By JP14638
Hello, can you please make it able to use colors in brush function. It'd be AWESOME :)
Great app but changes always bring problems (2.14)
12/26/2016 7:39:00 PM
4/5 By typeadamp
After the last update it's nearly impossible to grab the corners for cropping. It's always either moving the entire crop square or cropping the entire side. Your finger has to be a needle to grab the actual corner. 7Plus.
Update Downgrade (2.14)
12/23/2016 4:51:00 AM
2/5 By west-consin
Snapseed is a powerful app, but they have seriously damaged the work flow in this update. One must make more taps just to see the current edits. Edits aren't some option you tuck away in a menu. They're the main event.
The developers of this last update clearly have not used their own program. Please change it back.
12/22/2016 3:31:00 AM
2/5 By Barrambila
When will this app finally have a Noise Reduction tool to control the parameters of luminance and chrominance noise? This is such a basic function that should be integrated in the DETAILS TAB along with the existing sharpening and structure tools. Freaking when?????????????
Not Working (2.14)
12/21/2016 10:22:00 AM
3/5 By Rocksons_Threads
I love this app. Until today. For some reason, the app isn't saving all of the edits. Specifically the healing tool. I've gone back and tried to edit my photo more than 11 times in a million different ways and will not save. SUPER FRUSTRATING! 😭
Simply the best (2.14)
12/20/2016 8:39:00 PM
5/5 By Stuke
Look no further, here is your photo processing app. Hands down, you'll need nothing else to finish your cameras photos.
Price is incredible for this power!
Great App! (2.14)
12/19/2016 11:52:00 PM
5/5 By Parker W Young
Love this app. Works without fail, so many edit and export options, results in beautiful photos every time!
Love this app for edits (2.14)
12/19/2016 9:46:00 PM
5/5 By i1stephen1i
I have used this app to edit photos and have loved it so much I also bought the desktop (macOS) version. 8.0/7.0
Edited versions disappeared from photo album after deleting the photos in SnapSeed album (2.14)
12/18/2016 3:52:00 PM
5/5 By Classof65
I've used SnapSeed for couple years and love it! Have recommended it to many others. Just discovered something today of concern. I thought when you saved an edited photo and said "replace" in the photo album, that my photo album would have the edited version, not the original unedited photo. Today, I was cleaning out photos from my iPhone, to free up space. Since I edit almost every photo, the SnapSeed album gets filled quickly. I periodically delete everything in this album, under the assumption that my photo album kept the edited saved version. I did this today, and it appears that by now deleting the duplicate photons in the SnapSeed album, that it deleted the saved edited versions! Now I have all the unedited photos back in my main photo album! Please explain how that happened? It makes NO sense to have to keep duplicates. Was this a recent change? This never happened before!
It's great. (2.14)
12/17/2016 3:14:00 PM
5/5 By Kzakrzewska1
Photos come out awesome and very simple to use.
Would you consider... (2.14)
12/16/2016 4:02:00 PM
5/5 By NMI IPhone User
I absolutely love this app!! Editing my photos have never been so easy! They come out looking bright, clean & crisp. I like that the quality is not diminished when I save an edited version of my original photos.
I'm still learning how to work the app. The capabilities are awesome though!
I just wanted to ask if the developers would consider "thinning" the app without compromising the quality and great service you already provide, so as to save space on my phone?
Excellent Photo Editing App (2.14)
12/16/2016 12:07:00 PM
5/5 By Eel pie 99
As a professional photographer I have tried numerous photo editing apps. Snapseed is by far my favorite one. Mostly I use it on an iPad but I also have it on my iPhone as well. The new update with the Face adjustments is really good. I really do like the app.
Please bring back front page histogram (2.14)
12/16/2016 10:09:00 AM
5/5 By JonEdanger
Have been (and still am!) a huge fan of Snapseed ever since it came out. Just updated to 2.14 and thought I'd make a wishlist: (1) Bring back front page histogram. I used it constantly. (2) Histogram would be very useful in Black & White. Probably other filters as well. (3) Reduce & move Insight tab. It takes up too much image real estate. (4) Thanks for bringing back & improving White Balance. It rocks! (5) Petty, but 2 clicks is 1 too many to access edit layers.
Like I said, still a big fan of the app and never hesitate to recommend it. I use it more often than Lightroom, even on non-mobile images.
Why can't I use an emoji in text type? (2.14)
12/16/2016 9:50:00 AM
3/5 By MiniKitty7
I use the paws 🐾 from my emojis all the time and it used to work and I just tried to use it and it won't show up. It just shows a blank spot. Please fix it so that I can continue to use this emoji!
98% perfect (2.14)
12/15/2016 11:44:00 PM
5/5 By Cayusenp23
I don't care for the filters but basically everything else is beyond amazing
Excellent photo editing app (2.14)
12/15/2016 10:54:00 PM
5/5 By Snap seeder
Perspective changes, variable rotations, and spot brushes... Almost what one can do in Lightroom. Almost.
A Must-Have App For All Serious Photographers (2.14)
12/15/2016 9:30:00 PM
5/5 By Paul in NJ
This is one of a very select number of apps that appear on my coveted front page. Its ability to smartly select areas for selective retouching is uncannily accurate; its Structure feature beats anything Photoshop can do; and its Ambience tool provides a wonderful combination of brightness, shadow opening, warmth, and even incredible highlight protection all at once. My one wish is that it would allow us to adjust more than just Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation in its Selective Tool. Still, I recommend this app without reservation.
12/15/2016 3:52:00 PM
4/5 By Leart78
this app is getting better, good job
Nice improvement to a favorite app (2.14)
12/15/2016 11:25:00 AM
5/5 By I like to calculate
This is one of my top three photo editing apps. The new improved photo picker functionality is very handy, as I often edit multiple photos in a session. Thanks!
There are many highly useful features in this masterpiece including: HDR enhancement, healing, access to map location, Tune Image, update existing photos (without needed to make a copy), etc.
It's hard to believe this is a free app, with no ads, or other junk. I'd gladly pay for Snapseed if it ever became necessary.
Crop Crash (2.13)
12/14/2016 11:42:00 PM
1/5 By Faceplace
Crashes every time I try to crop. I've tried to reinstall several times. I wish I could get a refund honestly.
One of the best photo editing apps on the App Store (2.13)
12/14/2016 6:33:00 AM
5/5 By Dhhsshshsi1717
Plenty of options
And much more
THANK YOU SNAPSEED!! (2.13)
12/12/2016 1:43:00 PM
5/5 By Sasil
The new white balance adjustment is incredible! This has been my go to app for photo editing for a long time, but it somehow lost its white balance editing capabilities over the course of several app updates. Now, the new white balance editing is the best of any app!! It almost always even gets it right with the auto white balance. Thank you snapseed!
Liquify tool to be complete (2.13)
12/7/2016 8:31:00 AM
5/5 By Arkiyeah
Please add liquify or warp tool because it will be very useful to the app
Replacing photoshop (2.13)
12/5/2016 6:04:00 AM
5/5 By doodleninja
This thing is AMAZING. Raw editing is a game changer. I find that I reach for this more often than loading everything onto my computer and then into photoshop. Truly amazing. The face tuning is good but would be nice if it was a brush. Thanks for a great product
Snapseed Version 2.13 (2.13)
12/4/2016 10:01:00 PM
3/5 By GAN IS GREAT
I love Snapseed so much that I use it every time I edit photos. However in the recent update on the UI, a blue bar is added to the top to indicate the strength of the effect placed on the photo. This bothered me ever since. I suggest the background of the workspace should kept grey so users could focus more on the photo. Whenever I edit night time photos, the brighter-than-photo blue bar is a distraction to my eye, causing me to lose focus on the quality of the photo. Hope this get fixed soon. Thank you.