By Majic Jungle Software (David Frampton)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
10/18/2013 | Version : 1.4 | Size : 51.6 MB
Huge TRAINS & TECHNOLOGY update! New steam trains and handcars can zip around on vast rail networks. New copper wiring and electric workbenches and generators give you faster methods of crafting that use less fuel, and unlock new items. See the world through new eyes, with the beautiful new HD textures available for purchase. The new cave troll is a formidable enemy found deep in caves, but the new bow & arrow and tin and iron armor will help your cause. And the new magical portal chests let you transport items instantly across the world, or even take items between worlds! Plus much, much more!
- Adds amazing new steel RAIL & TRAINS!
- Adds electricity, with copper wiring, steam and solar powered generators, flywheels to store energy and more!
- New bow & arrows for ranged attacks
- New tin and iron armor, which will help protect you against the new cave trolls… and...
- Each other! It is now possible for blockheads to harm other players' blockheads in multiplayer.
- Build rail ramps and jumps and launch your blockheads off cliffs on their speedy rail handcars!
- New HD textures let you see your worlds like you've never seen them before.
- New portal chests allow you to transport items instantly within and even between worlds
- Transport items on steam powered cargo trains over long distances between train stations.
- Take all of your blockheads for a ride together with other players in a train of passenger cars.
- New electric furnaces, kilns and metalwork benches which unlock new items to craft, use less fuel, and are 50% faster
- Adds an electric stove to cook more advanced meals which keep your blockheads full for longer.
- Adds silicon, black sand, black glass and magnets, and display cabinets which are like shelves, but other players can't get in and steal your stuff.
- Craft pig iron to get more iron ingots from ore.
- Find new Ice torches and ice armor with a cooling effect to protect against heat.
- You can now warp in up to 5 blockheads!
- Newly placed beds, signs, chests, shelves, trains and workbenches are now owned by whoever placed them, and cannot be picked up or directly removed by other players. They also no longer despawn.
- New server command to reset the owner of a username
- Banning users now also black lists their device, so they cannot reconnect with a different username and IP
- Water freezing and melting no longer causes an increase in water volume
- Added new moderator category to servers that can only list, ban/unban, kick, and whitelist/unwhitelist other players.
- Admins and hosts can now pick up and use all items regardless of who the owner is. Placing any picked up item re-assigns ownership to the host/admin. Dropping any item removes all ownership.
- It is now possible to hang workbenches and chests on back walls and stack them above each other
- Removed ability to purchase ore/coal/oil/ingots from portals, it was a bit too much like cheating.
- Fixes a bug where all blockheads could occasionally instantly lose all health (the heart attack bug)
- Fixes issues with pathfinding, including falls when digging ceilings or removing ladders, and queued actions getting canceled when they shouldn't be.
- Fixes issue allowing people to log in as someone else on iOS 7, or when they were marked (AWAY)
- Kicked/Banned players' blockheads are now removed from the world instantly.
- Now only one username can be active on a given server from a given device at one time.
- Fixes issues where items could get lost or duplicated when exiting the game.
- Numerous changes to tech tree and where things are crafted, with some new upgrades.
- Added buttons to use the current item/eat/wear/take photo etc. next to the inventory as well as above the blockhead.
- Many performance optimizations
- Fixed long standing bug where chili and corn plants couldn't have just the fruit harvested by harvesting top square.
8/9/2013 | Version : 1.3.2 | Size : 33.5 MB
New in 1.3:
Massive multiplayer update! Play with up to 32 other players in persistent online worlds hosted on the free Mac app (download on the Mac App Store or at theblockheads.net). Or host a game from your device quickly and easily with up to 5 other players on your local wifi network. This update also adds multiplayer text chat, now supports 2 player auto-match over Game Center, and adds a whole bunch of new items and blocks, amongst many other improvements!
1.3.2 Fixes problems found in previous versions, focusing particularly on crashes, multiplayer disconnects and lag.
Full feature list:
- Connect to persistent server-hosted worlds for many more players at once
- In-game text chat with other players
- Now continues when you exit in multiplayer too. The server will continue to run through any queued actions for your blockheads until you return.
- Connect and play with up to 5 other players locally without needing Game Center
- Host or join auto-matched Game Center games, and find new friends to play with
- Smelt copper and gold coins to trade with other players.
- New shop blocks allow you to trade items with other players, even while you're away.
- Added safes, giving the ability to store items that no other players can access.
- Added iron doors and trapdoors that only your blockheads can use.
- Dig for treasure! New golden treasure chests containing valuable items.
- Pinch to zoom out to a map view that shows all the way from lava to space, and allows you to easily see everything and zoom into specific areas.
- Signs! Label your rooms and chests, or leave messages for other players.
- Use time crystals to teleport from anywhere in the world to any portal instantly!
- New advanced beds allow your blockheads to sleep much faster and stay awake longer.
- Craft shelves to display items and easily see where everything is stored.
- New metal blocks allow you to build strong walls that look awesome and are hard to destroy.
- The expected change to your inventory is now tracked across actions. So for example if you queue up crafting 3 tin ingots, you can now immediately queue up crafting a tin bucket.
- Find limes in limestone!
- Seven new achievements.
- Fixes an issue where your world could become corrupted if you accept a Game Center invite while a world is loading.
- Fixes many issues causing lag and crashes in multiplayer.
- The 'fog of war' darkness is now per-player in multiplayer.
- Partially mined stone no longer resets to its un-mined state (though placed blocks still do).
- Many other more minor fixes and changes.
5/30/2013 | Version : 1.2.1 | Size : 30.4 MB
1.2.1 fixes issues found in 1.2. More details at the end.
1.2 lets time pass when you exit! It also hugely improves lag/pausing issues, and adds a lot of awesome new stuff!
- No need to leave your device running for long crafting times anymore. Instruct a blockhead to craft 10 ingots, exit the app, come back after enough time has elapsed and it'll be done! When you exit, time will continue for each blockhead until all queued actions and crafting are completed, or they get too exhausted. Watch out though, while blockheads are busy they will get tired and hungry as usual, and they can even suffer damage.
- You can now warp in up to FOUR BLOCKHEADS! Blockheads also now cost less food and time crystals.
- Find fish in the sea.
- Craft a fishing rod to catch them.
- But watch out for SHARKS!
- Upgrade your press with bronze to create tin foil, then roast fish on the campfire to create the most fulfilling meal yet.
- Craft, wear, and unleash the power of the incredible TIN FOIL HAT!
- While swimming, eat kelp to get a boost of air.
- Clothing now degrades much, much, slower, and at different rates depending on what the blockhead is doing, and on the clothing item.
- Queue multiple craft actions one after the other at a single workbench.
- Also queue sleeping events at a bed even when not tired. Blockheads still must be tired when they get there to actually sleep though.
- New animation when harmed.
- Basalt is now shinier, and has a new unique look when painted.
- All new blockheads can now be warped in immediately without another blockhead needing to be at the portal to warp them in.
- Blockheads can collapse from exhaustion or starvation, and refuse to craft if too exhausted or starving.
- Blockheads don't starve until a while after hunger bar reaches zero, and starving doesn't damage health as much initially.
- When using a gold pick axe or spade on ore/coal/oil/clay etc. there is now a small chance of getting 10 of that ore on any strike.
- Removing a reinforced platform now also removes the back wall where appropriate.
- Placed reinforced platforms now also preserve the back wall, so it's now possible to create interesting back wall designs with different blocks.
- Fixed many lag issues, and made the game run a lot faster and smoother, particularly with many donkeys, and with melting/freezing/flowing water and falling snow.
- These changes also greatly improve battery usage.
- Basalt now gives correct bonuses when mined with gem pickaxes.
- The 'pausing and running in mid air every few seconds' bug is fixed.
- Fixes many crash bugs.
- Fixes disappearing action boxes when chasing animals.
- Fixed bug where you could breathe underwater by mining blocks.
- Fixed bug where the crickets would always make noise regardless of sound volume.
- Fixed bug that could cause world corruption in multiplayer games.
- Fixed bug where queued interactions or pick up actions could get canceled if off screen.
- Many other minor fixes
- Adds particles and an icon to make it clearer when the tin foil hat is queuing AI events.
- Tin foil hat wearers will no longer mine placed blocks.
- Fixes an issue that could cause worlds to fail to load.
- Fixes problems with invisible plants, and trees that don't fall down when chopped
- Fixes more crash bugs, particularly in multiplayer
- Fixes issue that could make button presses fail to work sometimes
- Fixes graphical issue with doors and trapdoors in transparent blocks
- Fixes problems with very large numbers of sharks or fish spawning
- Other minor fixes
"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops. Build, farm, find & craft your way to advanced technology including shops, steam trains, electricity, and more!
Play alone, or with your friends, with local or online multiplayer.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Wire your house up with solar powered electricity and cook a fish curry on your electric stove.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Craft swords, armor, and a bow & arrows, and take on a cave troll.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Lay rail and go for a ride on a steam locomotive.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Adventure]
: Top Free iPad Application [Adventure]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Simulation]
: Top Free iPad Application [Simulation]
: Top Grossing iPhone Applications [Simulation]
: Top Grossing iPhone Applications [Adventure]
: Top Grossing iPad Applications [Simulation]
: Top Grossing iPad Applications [Adventure]
: Top Free iPad Application [Games]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Games]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for The Blockheads
5/30/2013 8:00:00 AM
5/5 By Nutteyprofeser
It is a good game but maybe there should be natural disasters & maybe even modern times& and breeding the blockheads. And maybe more animals like wild boar & birds. Also don't make donkeys & carrots so rare. But maybe there should be an online world with all your stuff. Overall awsome game.ps. It would be cool if you could get married and have kids. Leave it to were blockheads can't die. Make bones and dino fossils. Also make it to say were you are like early USA. And more things like PC controlled blockheads around the world. Make cars run on oil. Also make it say what year it is like 850bc. Ponds and frogs. What would be awesome is if you could make a way to fish without killing it. And when tap to grab something only grab it. Make plates and silverware and decorations.please read my request because when I do this for other games after a month nothing happens. I would hate for you to let me down. I love this game so much I would choose this game over 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000games. That's how much I like this game. My review would make blockheads the best game in the world. I know it's a lot to ask for but I love this game so much. EdItOrS Or CrEaToRs PlEaSE ReAd My ReViEw
5/30/2013 4:20:00 AM
1/5 By DeSilencer1
GAY GAY GAY
Block heads (1.2.1)
5/30/2013 4:05:00 AM
2/5 By Lewtheman12
Not fun cheap version of minecraft and way to many bugs
Good game but… (1.2.1)
5/30/2013 3:22:00 AM
4/5 By Who'stheman
Great great game but, if you guys could add online games on random maps that will make it better. Also if you can kill bears then you can shoot birds. Make there be guns please. You play god of this game so please add that. Also make the blockheads marry each other and have kids. That's all other wise, the games all right!
5/30/2013 3:12:00 AM
3/5 By Kitty girl :D
I wish there where more things to do after a while it gets boring I would saw add more benches rockets to go into space more food maybe an oven over all a good game like mine craft but it dosent get u dizzy >.<
Kinda good butt you will like it (1.2.1)
5/30/2013 12:03:00 AM
3/5 By Corvo atano
It just like mine craft butt kinda good like call of duty and battlefield it's like minecraf but kinda diffrent
Great Game (1.2.1)
5/29/2013 4:08:00 PM
4/5 By Chi chi chi chia pets
It's really fun and even addicting! It could use some more content though...
5/29/2013 2:40:00 PM
5/5 By Awesometarik
SOOO FUN no one make fun of it!! It's a awesome game and please just ignore the bad glitches and enjoy the game :-) 2 play with me! I am awesometarik
Best game ever (1.2.1)
5/29/2013 12:14:00 AM
5/5 By xbadninjax
Best game ever!! I got my cousin and sister on it!!!!
It's awesome (1.2.1)
5/28/2013 6:43:00 PM
5/5 By Qwerty(--------)::::$
This one of the best games I've ever played!!! But in my world I went looking for the North Pole and I found it then I went to find poler bears and penguins but my friend said there is none so please and penguins and polar bears so I don't have to go all the way back to my house disappointed.
5/28/2013 6:18:00 PM
4/5 By Skutch04butch yay cool
Play with me (1.2.1)
5/28/2013 6:59:00 AM
5/5 By Dominotyler
Hi I am bored and want to play invite me _-Domino-_
P.p.s for the people who call it a minecraft rip off it is suppose to be like minecraft.
5/28/2013 4:59:00 AM
4/5 By Dj usksudhdju
It's sweet but I wish it was more like minecraft. NO ENIMIES! So just add those and I'm a happy girly ( even though im a boy )
5/28/2013 3:08:00 AM
4/5 By Sky940325
The creators are sneaky...by making an addicting game and having a expensive in game offer.
Awesome but is missing something (1.2.1)
5/28/2013 1:28:00 AM
5/5 By Jojobeanic
Awesome game one of the best on the App Store but I'm getting tired of fighting fish,dodos,bears,and horses, can u add ogres,skeletons, npc fighters that try to Kill u, werewolves, and dungeons please👱
5/27/2013 11:39:00 PM
5/5 By Zombiekiller110
I say that it's fun but add in zombies and 4 player mode and creative mode
But really fun
5/27/2013 9:17:00 PM
5/5 By Person creating a review
So? Its not minecraft! Deal with it! Its not minecraft but the only thing wrong i see is it takes kinda long to do stuff.
5/27/2013 8:56:00 PM
4/5 By NebraskaHuskersRock
Guys I play both this and Minecraft PE/PC/Xbox. It is not a knockoff.
I just play this when I get bored off Minecraft.
Only thing is shorten crafting/smelting
And make it easier to find Gold (Butter), Iron, Steel and other materials.
5/27/2013 6:50:00 PM
5/5 By Xskull5X
5/27/2013 5:12:00 PM
4/5 By 1236983247995221
This is a really cool game, but it could be better, I have few suggestions. You should put more animals like dolphins, bunnies, dogs, moose, cats, etc.. Another idea I have is animals don't die unless they are killed, because I have to go halfway across the world to get some animals, and then they just die. You should also make signs that you can put words on and stuff.
5/27/2013 5:02:00 PM
5/5 By Casey pedersen
If you really get far into this game it becomes really enjoyable! Yes it seems like a Minecraft knockoff, but there are many different features not obtainable in Minecraft that are in this game. I love it!
Great Game! (1.2.1)
5/27/2013 4:14:00 PM
5/5 By Cookies $$$$$
Honestly, even though I am a stickler on rights and permission, this game is not a copy of Minecraft! It is 2D, much different crafting, completely new items and more real animals, a new and more realistic generating engine (I kind of think it is better) with poles and an equator, and better touch controls. This game is probably my favorite game on iOS, even though I have Minecraft PE. The PC version of Minecraft is probably the best, though.
I highly suggest getting this game! Although I have a few minor suggestions: make the energy bar deplete slower and maybe make dying and respawning.
5/27/2013 11:30:00 AM
5/5 By Pigboy77
A very good app but it would be even better with more updates thanks!!
5/27/2013 10:50:00 AM
5/5 By AiredaleExtreme
They need to add a way to change a blockhead's name! I'm stuck with Benjamin as a name of my second blockhead in my best world!
5/27/2013 10:06:00 AM
5/5 By Tyler930
5/27/2013 6:58:00 AM
1/5 By STAHPIT
Dude. This used to be an awesome game, but I CANT CHANGE THE NAME OF MY WORLD OR MY CHARS. IT JUST EXITS.
Idiotic Stupid A** games (1.2.1)
5/27/2013 6:21:00 AM
1/5 By Devilishmisfit
This game is stupid and a total waste of space so for you people who like it you guys are losers with no life
Es increible (1.2.1)
5/27/2013 4:02:00 AM
5/5 By Jejemy
Es increible me encanta pero sería mejor si se pudieran poner explosivos
Y también se pudiera matar a tus amigos que se conectan y hubiera más animales y pusieran armas y armaduras
Add me (1.2.1)
5/27/2013 3:28:00 AM
5/5 By xPIExMASTER117
I love it add me xPIExMASTER117
5/27/2013 12:39:00 AM
5/5 By ShuggaHi
Here's to setting out with a goal to make something, eons before minecraft ever surfaced, learning the code and marketing incredibly well. You are an inspiration. This game actually does sort of remind me of sim earth, just never made the connection.
For gamers: if you're comparing this to any other game then you're doing it wrong. This is an incredibly well written game with goals to set for yourself. Ask yourself this question: what would happen if I drained the ocean and unintentionally made basalt? Further more how could I keep the tunnels illuminated whilst this happens so as to witness the whole thing? Further more how cool would it be to create an island? And where is the coffee?