By Majic Jungle Software (David Frampton)
Supported Devices :
iPad 2 3G
, iPad 2 Wifi
, iPad 3G
, iPad 4th Gen
, iPad 4th Gen 4G
, iPad Mini
, iPad Mini 4G
, iPad 3rd Gen
, iPad 3rd Gen 4G
, iPad Wifi
, iPhone 3GS
, iPhone 4
, iPhone 4S
, iPhone 5
, iPhone 5C
, iPhone 5S
, iPod Touch 5th Gen
, iPod Touch 4th Gen
, iPod Touch 3rd Gen
10/18/2013 | Version : 1.4 | Size : 51.6 MB
Huge TRAINS & TECHNOLOGY update! New steam trains and handcars can zip around on vast rail networks. New copper wiring and electric workbenches and generators give you faster methods of crafting that use less fuel, and unlock new items. See the world through new eyes, with the beautiful new HD textures available for purchase. The new cave troll is a formidable enemy found deep in caves, but the new bow & arrow and tin and iron armor will help your cause. And the new magical portal chests let you transport items instantly across the world, or even take items between worlds! Plus much, much more!
- Adds amazing new steel RAIL & TRAINS!
- Adds electricity, with copper wiring, steam and solar powered generators, flywheels to store energy and more!
- New bow & arrows for ranged attacks
- New tin and iron armor, which will help protect you against the new cave trolls… and...
- Each other! It is now possible for blockheads to harm other players' blockheads in multiplayer.
- Build rail ramps and jumps and launch your blockheads off cliffs on their speedy rail handcars!
- New HD textures let you see your worlds like you've never seen them before.
- New portal chests allow you to transport items instantly within and even between worlds
- Transport items on steam powered cargo trains over long distances between train stations.
- Take all of your blockheads for a ride together with other players in a train of passenger cars.
- New electric furnaces, kilns and metalwork benches which unlock new items to craft, use less fuel, and are 50% faster
- Adds an electric stove to cook more advanced meals which keep your blockheads full for longer.
- Adds silicon, black sand, black glass and magnets, and display cabinets which are like shelves, but other players can't get in and steal your stuff.
- Craft pig iron to get more iron ingots from ore.
- Find new Ice torches and ice armor with a cooling effect to protect against heat.
- You can now warp in up to 5 blockheads!
- Newly placed beds, signs, chests, shelves, trains and workbenches are now owned by whoever placed them, and cannot be picked up or directly removed by other players. They also no longer despawn.
- New server command to reset the owner of a username
- Banning users now also black lists their device, so they cannot reconnect with a different username and IP
- Water freezing and melting no longer causes an increase in water volume
- Added new moderator category to servers that can only list, ban/unban, kick, and whitelist/unwhitelist other players.
- Admins and hosts can now pick up and use all items regardless of who the owner is. Placing any picked up item re-assigns ownership to the host/admin. Dropping any item removes all ownership.
- It is now possible to hang workbenches and chests on back walls and stack them above each other
- Removed ability to purchase ore/coal/oil/ingots from portals, it was a bit too much like cheating.
- Fixes a bug where all blockheads could occasionally instantly lose all health (the heart attack bug)
- Fixes issues with pathfinding, including falls when digging ceilings or removing ladders, and queued actions getting canceled when they shouldn't be.
- Fixes issue allowing people to log in as someone else on iOS 7, or when they were marked (AWAY)
- Kicked/Banned players' blockheads are now removed from the world instantly.
- Now only one username can be active on a given server from a given device at one time.
- Fixes issues where items could get lost or duplicated when exiting the game.
- Numerous changes to tech tree and where things are crafted, with some new upgrades.
- Added buttons to use the current item/eat/wear/take photo etc. next to the inventory as well as above the blockhead.
- Many performance optimizations
- Fixed long standing bug where chili and corn plants couldn't have just the fruit harvested by harvesting top square.
8/9/2013 | Version : 1.3.2 | Size : 33.5 MB
New in 1.3:
Massive multiplayer update! Play with up to 32 other players in persistent online worlds hosted on the free Mac app (download on the Mac App Store or at theblockheads.net). Or host a game from your device quickly and easily with up to 5 other players on your local wifi network. This update also adds multiplayer text chat, now supports 2 player auto-match over Game Center, and adds a whole bunch of new items and blocks, amongst many other improvements!
1.3.2 Fixes problems found in previous versions, focusing particularly on crashes, multiplayer disconnects and lag.
Full feature list:
- Connect to persistent server-hosted worlds for many more players at once
- In-game text chat with other players
- Now continues when you exit in multiplayer too. The server will continue to run through any queued actions for your blockheads until you return.
- Connect and play with up to 5 other players locally without needing Game Center
- Host or join auto-matched Game Center games, and find new friends to play with
- Smelt copper and gold coins to trade with other players.
- New shop blocks allow you to trade items with other players, even while you're away.
- Added safes, giving the ability to store items that no other players can access.
- Added iron doors and trapdoors that only your blockheads can use.
- Dig for treasure! New golden treasure chests containing valuable items.
- Pinch to zoom out to a map view that shows all the way from lava to space, and allows you to easily see everything and zoom into specific areas.
- Signs! Label your rooms and chests, or leave messages for other players.
- Use time crystals to teleport from anywhere in the world to any portal instantly!
- New advanced beds allow your blockheads to sleep much faster and stay awake longer.
- Craft shelves to display items and easily see where everything is stored.
- New metal blocks allow you to build strong walls that look awesome and are hard to destroy.
- The expected change to your inventory is now tracked across actions. So for example if you queue up crafting 3 tin ingots, you can now immediately queue up crafting a tin bucket.
- Find limes in limestone!
- Seven new achievements.
- Fixes an issue where your world could become corrupted if you accept a Game Center invite while a world is loading.
- Fixes many issues causing lag and crashes in multiplayer.
- The 'fog of war' darkness is now per-player in multiplayer.
- Partially mined stone no longer resets to its un-mined state (though placed blocks still do).
- Many other more minor fixes and changes.
5/30/2013 | Version : 1.2.1 | Size : 30.4 MB
1.2.1 fixes issues found in 1.2. More details at the end.
1.2 lets time pass when you exit! It also hugely improves lag/pausing issues, and adds a lot of awesome new stuff!
- No need to leave your device running for long crafting times anymore. Instruct a blockhead to craft 10 ingots, exit the app, come back after enough time has elapsed and it'll be done! When you exit, time will continue for each blockhead until all queued actions and crafting are completed, or they get too exhausted. Watch out though, while blockheads are busy they will get tired and hungry as usual, and they can even suffer damage.
- You can now warp in up to FOUR BLOCKHEADS! Blockheads also now cost less food and time crystals.
- Find fish in the sea.
- Craft a fishing rod to catch them.
- But watch out for SHARKS!
- Upgrade your press with bronze to create tin foil, then roast fish on the campfire to create the most fulfilling meal yet.
- Craft, wear, and unleash the power of the incredible TIN FOIL HAT!
- While swimming, eat kelp to get a boost of air.
- Clothing now degrades much, much, slower, and at different rates depending on what the blockhead is doing, and on the clothing item.
- Queue multiple craft actions one after the other at a single workbench.
- Also queue sleeping events at a bed even when not tired. Blockheads still must be tired when they get there to actually sleep though.
- New animation when harmed.
- Basalt is now shinier, and has a new unique look when painted.
- All new blockheads can now be warped in immediately without another blockhead needing to be at the portal to warp them in.
- Blockheads can collapse from exhaustion or starvation, and refuse to craft if too exhausted or starving.
- Blockheads don't starve until a while after hunger bar reaches zero, and starving doesn't damage health as much initially.
- When using a gold pick axe or spade on ore/coal/oil/clay etc. there is now a small chance of getting 10 of that ore on any strike.
- Removing a reinforced platform now also removes the back wall where appropriate.
- Placed reinforced platforms now also preserve the back wall, so it's now possible to create interesting back wall designs with different blocks.
- Fixed many lag issues, and made the game run a lot faster and smoother, particularly with many donkeys, and with melting/freezing/flowing water and falling snow.
- These changes also greatly improve battery usage.
- Basalt now gives correct bonuses when mined with gem pickaxes.
- The 'pausing and running in mid air every few seconds' bug is fixed.
- Fixes many crash bugs.
- Fixes disappearing action boxes when chasing animals.
- Fixed bug where you could breathe underwater by mining blocks.
- Fixed bug where the crickets would always make noise regardless of sound volume.
- Fixed bug that could cause world corruption in multiplayer games.
- Fixed bug where queued interactions or pick up actions could get canceled if off screen.
- Many other minor fixes
- Adds particles and an icon to make it clearer when the tin foil hat is queuing AI events.
- Tin foil hat wearers will no longer mine placed blocks.
- Fixes an issue that could cause worlds to fail to load.
- Fixes problems with invisible plants, and trees that don't fall down when chopped
- Fixes more crash bugs, particularly in multiplayer
- Fixes issue that could make button presses fail to work sometimes
- Fixes graphical issue with doors and trapdoors in transparent blocks
- Fixes problems with very large numbers of sharks or fish spawning
- Other minor fixes
"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops. Build, farm, find & craft your way to advanced technology including shops, steam trains, electricity, and more!
Play alone, or with your friends, with local or online multiplayer.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Wire your house up with solar powered electricity and cook a fish curry on your electric stove.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Craft swords, armor, and a bow & arrows, and take on a cave troll.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Lay rail and go for a ride on a steam locomotive.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Simulation]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Adventure]
: Top Free iPad Application [Simulation]
: Top Free iPad Application [Adventure]
: Top Grossing iPhone Applications [Simulation]
: Top Grossing iPhone Applications [Adventure]
: Top Grossing iPad Applications [Simulation]
: Top Grossing iPad Applications [Adventure]
: Top Free iPhone Applications [Games]
: Top Free iPad Application [Games]
Screenshots iPhone / iPod :
Screenshots iPad :
Comments and Ratings for The Blockheads
3/7/2014 1:47:00 AM
5/5 By Forebratchock
Hi, I have some ideas for the next update. Well I think in a previous version you could buy items from the portals with time crystals. I was wondering if ya'll could bring them back cause I just bought a lot of gems with nothing to do with them. Please consider it this would also help a lot with materials that I can't find. Also can ya'll make apple trees spawn more frequently. Thanks in advance.👍👍😄
Really Good Game! (1.4)
3/6/2014 11:03:00 PM
5/5 By SIRLIZFAB
😊 I love this game but I think it should get an update cause I've built all crafting boxes and I'm done I guess... UPDATE MORE THINGS PLz
When are u going to git more stuf (1.4)
3/6/2014 5:56:00 PM
5/5 By GpankleBreaker
More stuf plz
Downloading now (1.4)
3/6/2014 3:30:00 AM
1/5 By $cute girl$
Hope it's great cause deleted some good apps to make room
3/5/2014 4:55:00 PM
1/5 By Downloadkrazy
I WANTED TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER AND WHEN I CLICKED ON IT THEN IT WOULDN'T STOP I USED TO LOVE THAT GAME BUT NOW ITS GONE!!!!!
You could add ...... (1.4)
3/5/2014 10:42:00 AM
5/5 By Person 55o3
It's a great game but it gets tricky when your start industrialising and resources become scarce.you should add robots to do your work and planes,helicopters to get around.cars would be useful especially 4by4s.but my final idea is space travel then we could harvest resources on the moon and other planets.please consider some of these changes.
Ps.add submarines (it's hard diving)
Cant join (1.4)
3/5/2014 2:03:00 AM
2/5 By Billy no bob
When I try to join my friends world it won't load. And if I do get on I get logged off a minute later. Cant you please fix this if you read the reviews.
GREAT GAME (1.4)
3/4/2014 12:12:00 PM
5/5 By 정 에라
This is awesome
They should add creative (1.4)
3/4/2014 7:42:00 AM
3/5 By ❗️super man❗️
If they also add creative id give it 5 star
Cool but suggestion (1.4)
3/4/2014 6:14:00 AM
4/5 By Hq water
In the next update you should add more animals like neutral or calm or aggressive and add other fish then clown fish and sharks. You should add like seasons. Over time it will be spring when plants and trees grow faster. In winter is should snow every where. Exept the really hot places.and you should have biomes like jungle snow desert prairie. In fall all leaves on trees turn red yellow or brown. In summer things are basically normal. Exept in the deserts are really hot. And you should have thirst too. Not just from water but like fruits. And add a few more fruits like coconut or tomato. And add horses. And have the moon and maybe some other updates the space suit. Made with 10 lieten, 1 glass. You shoul have like trading boths in multiplayer. And have bed rock. And add a hot air ballon. You should make rope too five string.hot air ballon: two rope, 10 liten, and 2 coal. Sorry if this is so long I just gave suggestions
Such an Awesome Game (1.4)
3/4/2014 3:36:00 AM
4/5 By Blockhead blistic
This game is amazing but if there was more food and animals and gear would be awesome. Also, if we could now buy ore at portals again it would be a five star game.
love it (1.4)
3/4/2014 2:13:00 AM
5/5 By Nic 👻
is because i love it and i can play with friends.
3/4/2014 1:45:00 AM
5/5 By Tr!$tan
Wow dude (1.4)
3/3/2014 9:25:00 PM
5/5 By AndreTheminecraftgeek😊
I like trains this isn't supposed to be minecraft, MINECRAFT IS BORING COMPARED TO THIS GAME I LOVE IT
Good but (1.4)
3/3/2014 8:24:00 PM
4/5 By Monstermanfrank
There should be a creative mode and less cool down
Its fine but not good (1.4)
3/3/2014 6:29:00 PM
3/5 By KayGee2005
The multiplayer connection is wack because i try to join my friend in the next room but your stupid game keeps kicking me off.
Corrupted chunks?! (1.4)
3/3/2014 6:29:00 PM
4/5 By Happytreefreindsinsidebill
I was climbing a really tall mountain while i was going back to my house and the game crashed, i was sent back about 100 blocks, i tried zooming out and it crashed again so apparently there's this app crashing trigger inside the mountain and i can't get back to my house unless i go all the way around the world. That's the only bug i found in my 3 months of playing. Really good game.
Wow so much epic (1.4)
3/3/2014 5:28:00 AM
5/5 By Maru25021975
A really good game and very enjoyable
I was looking dor this game for the past and i see its evolution... Its very great!! The only problem is to wait to much for a new update but this is just simply
-(also here my request for 1.5, a jetpack steam-electric powered)
Great but.. (1.4)
3/3/2014 2:29:00 AM
4/5 By Markedwardtv
I love this game and the feel of it but.. I want controls not just a point and go I want controls like terraria or something near that :)
You still there? (1.4)
3/3/2014 12:33:00 AM
5/5 By Awsomedo
Where are you? Where are the updates?! A good game got better but disappeared
update idea? (1.4)
3/2/2014 11:07:00 PM
5/5 By john🔫u
so far im really glad that most of my ideas were added but on multiplayer i would like it if players can kill each other also i know im not the first to suggest this but can u add volcanos flying birds diverse animal life scuba gear and submarines maybe add earthquakes and if u can make the water move up and down like small waves also add abilities to customize our pets add add cars planes rockets other planets to land the rockets launch pads for the rockets space suits and aliens and keep the updates coming and im out :)
3/2/2014 10:49:00 PM
5/5 By Austin3727
This is literally one of the best app games I've ever played. Please make it easier to get the first extra block helper. Also cannot wait for future improvements
Please read (1.4)
3/2/2014 9:47:00 PM
4/5 By Peeweehermanana
I have been playing blockheads for quite some time now. My house is beautiful and I have all the neasecities to support the five blockheads I have in my game. Unfortunately i come to my home one day to see that all my benches and work tables have turned to golden chests. One might be giddy to come home and see loot galore, but not when you have put as many hours as I have into upgrading and whatnot. Please fix this so no one ever experiences this heartache ever again.
3/2/2014 9:37:00 PM
5/5 By 1234567890!!!!!!!
Cool game it's fun
Nit a review but a reply (1.4)
3/2/2014 9:32:00 PM
4/5 By 7196304
@EggShredder they already added Gold,Steel and diamond.I already write a review
One of the best games (1.4)
3/2/2014 9:12:00 PM
3/5 By The block-like game tester
There should be more stuff
1.more animals like pigs sheep deer cows and horses
2. Easier to find cave trolls and be able to spawn them
3.more trains dyed trains speed trains and flag trains
4. More chests Safire iron amythist emerald ruby dimand
Steel copper bronZE and coal chests
5. More sea animals harrmer head and great white sharks the fish part flying sting ray and sword fish
6.more armor gold bronze steel Safire amythist emarlald ruby dimand and pig iron
That's it if all that can get added in I'll gave it 5 stars if you like my suggestions then like this review
Good but (1.4)
3/2/2014 5:36:00 PM
3/5 By Bikedolin
This app won't connect to the apple store and I cannot upgrade to double time.. You guys don't want my money?! -_-
3/2/2014 4:34:00 PM
5/5 By Victoria Timberwood
This app is amazing and addicting! I absolutely love it! I also love how you can play online and such!
I give this app 5 stars
READ SUGGESTIONS!!!! Number 9 is best!! (1.4)
3/2/2014 6:10:00 AM
1/5 By Mondizzle81
1 We need a creative mode!!!!
2 We need some mobs like zombie, sea monster!!!!!!!, Bigfoot!!!, giant cyclops!!!!,
3 We should have different kinds of fish or like a stingray, whale!!!, sea monster again!!!!, clownfish, flying fish!!!, or just some random colored fish.
4 Sometimes when u go down deep in water u loose air fast, one suggestion says to have a diving suit!! And I agree.
5 More items kitchen items fridge, cupboard, coffee maker, ice cream maker, blender, and when u get blender u should be able to blend things u find like coconuts mangos cherries apples or oranges.
6 A couch! And a tv! And a computer! And it could be cool to have a picture frame that would let u draw something in it or put and blockhead pic inside. A fan! A clock! Curtains!
7 be able to customize your blockhead and if u have a blockhead and u don't like the way it looks u could change it!
8 clothes able to design your custom clothes for your blockhead a hoodie! And when a holiday comes like Christmas make a Christmas tree or give presents to other blockheads!!!or dress for it!
9 I can't do multiplayer :'( and I want to so bad!! I don't wanna log in or go to the online stuff and fill out things. I should be able to see a list of worlds and they don't need same wifi I could just go to there world and more people could be there with us please please I want to play multiplayer!!! :'(
10 More animals! A tiger, penguin, dog, wolf, okapi, zebra, deer, cat, mouse, horse, different fish, bunny, bird, chickens, cow, lizard, whale, stingray, hamster, chihuahua, flying squirrel, dinosaur!!!!!, alligator, parrot, pig, sheep, and any more!!! Be sure to let us tame them!! And mate them! And name them!!!!
Thanks for reading please put these In the next update u will get a 5 star!!!!!!
3/2/2014 5:06:00 AM
4/5 By Poolrocksomg
It's a little hard but after a while you can't stop playing