By Apple (iTunes S.a.r.l.)
Supported Devices :
6/10/2016 | Version : 10.1.2 | Size : 898.5 MB
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
8/3/2015 | Version : 10.1 | Size : 869.0 MB
• 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic music and Hip Hop styles including House, Trap, Techno, Dubstep and more
• Over 100 EDM and Hip Hop-inspired synthesizer Patches featuring the new Transform Pad Smart Control for sound morphing
• Record the movements of software instrument Smart Controls to capture performances of effect and tone adjustments
• 1,000 new Apple Loops from a variety of popular instruments and genres including EDM, Hip Hop, Indie, Disco, Funk, and Blues
• Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
• Adds support for Force Touch trackpad
• Resolves an issue which prevented the export of long recordings
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
* Requires Apple Music Connect account.
10/23/2014 | Version : 10.0.3 | Size : 1.1 GB
• Adds support for OS X Yosemite
• Access audio effect plug-ins for more detailed control over the sound of your tracks
• Build your own bass rig with Bass Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• New Voice Template for fast and easy vocal recordings
• Share GarageBand projects with Mail Drop
• Vertical zoom automatically adjusts the height of your tracks
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
: Top Paid Mac Applications
: Top Grossing Mac Applications
: Top Paid Mac Applications [Music]
: Top Grossing Mac Applications [Music]
Screenshots Mac OSX :
Comments and Ratings for GarageBand
Oh how I miss the old version of Garageband (10.1.2)
8/17/2016 10:40:00 PM
1/5 By 7Rainbows4U
I used to use the older version and loved it. Every time I had an idea, I put it down quick fast and easy. Now, it’s all a headache and not fun at all. I wish I hadn’t upgraded because I just am not happy with it. Not one bit.
worst quality and technically inept app of all time (10.1.2)
8/13/2016 5:46:00 AM
1/5 By J Ebeling
Enough said. Try Ampkit, nano studio, heck ANY studio is better than GB. My experience with its cheap quality truly is dissappointing & is the reason I wont buy Logic X. Sooo many others are sooo much better. Shame on apple! Who techies dont even know anything about it.
Only one complaint (10.1.2)
8/5/2016 4:33:00 PM
4/5 By Kingjjjyrdjoihcb
Great app! One thing that would make it 5 stars is acoustic amps and not only electric amps. Amps that give a sound like a Fishman amp would or any other acoustic amp. At least one of these would be nice just to be able to record a natural sound. The electric amps are awesome and theres tons to choose from so great job there.
One thing (10.1.2)
7/31/2016 7:14:00 AM
4/5 By Colio2014
If you read this, please fix whatever is making my songs sound bad when I share them to iTunes. i can’t exactly describe how it sounds, but it sounds really compressed and weird. It is making me unhappy with the product. Everything else is fine, but I just can’t go on with this issue. Thank you for your work.
More Sounds - Great! (10.1.2)
7/31/2016 5:39:00 AM
5/5 By Kevin Kerry Boyce
I love the creativity it brings to my attention! but, im a Dubstep fan and maybe if you added a dubstep and EDM loops section, alot of us users would much appreciate it. Otherwise it is a great program to bring out your inner musical self! Thanks Apple!
7/6/2016 6:12:00 PM
3/5 By Sammy dark dude
Whenever I press another key that is not assigned, on any of the GarageBand screens, the screen flashes, it doesn’t do this in any other program.
If you can, please fix this.
This is a great update (10.1.2)
7/1/2016 4:42:00 AM
5/5 By Danny-N
I have been using GB for a few years now.. and I have good experience with other amp mod apps like GB..
I am a guitar player so this review is from the perspective of a electric guitar player..
However I would think anyone else will love this app..
This new version is great and the new samples for eletric guitar are much better..
Anyone can dial in a decent sound so give it a try!
New version is horrible. (10.1.2)
6/25/2016 5:15:00 AM
1/5 By AndyVericker
I hate this version. After replacing my hard drive, I had to get this new version of Garageband. The layout is absolutely horrible. Trying to get a decent reverb sound is harder to do. Trying to add any effects to single tracks (fade in, fade out) is almost impossible. When someone comes up with a way (that acutually works) to downgrade this to an older version, please let me know. Until then, I will not be using GB ever again.
6/9/2016 1:32:00 PM
5/5 By NTE3030
I’m big into music but apple computers are best for producing music etc and this application is a must have for any artist
I like the new UI and features plus you can share or save to iclouds for working on your GarageBand projects on the go only for iPhone and iPad.
App is Great For People Who Don’t Care That They Can’t Use Any Good Instruments (10.1.2)
6/9/2016 1:16:00 AM
3/5 By No this is Patrick...
I love this app. It came free with the computer, and I hate having to spend money on things. Especially after buying a fourteen hundred dollar computer that could’ve fed a starving pack of children in Africa for the next three generations. However, the inability to download any user made instruments or create one's own instruments from, say, various audio files one might have on hand is, in a word, stupider than Kanye West begging Mark Zuckerberg to fund his money spending problem.
I suggest we make such a thing available (and by “we”, I mean you). Why? Because I’m the customer and I’m allowed to have a voice, that’s why. We got the stupid update where with the three Chinese instruments. Why can’t we have an update where we can make instruments and further the creative and artistic value of our music?
Again, I could have literally bought a person with the amount of money I spent on this computer, and I am so very happy that this is free (because if it weren’t then I wouldn’t be able to pirate it because I bought a Mac). I love free things. I simply wish that the creator of the free things I use would listen to the customer and create a feature that would make this app less of a “I’ll use this until I have money to spend on something NICE,” app, and more of something that one would use for a longer period of time.
Needs Work but on the right track (10.1.2)
6/7/2016 1:23:00 AM
3/5 By Saladorian
If I were Apple I would add more keys to the play key board. It needs to be over two octaves to get anything done.
6/4/2016 2:22:00 PM
5/5 By Man D.
I love the app! It’s easy to use and it provides a wide array of instruments! Ive had so much fun using it, I really did. I have a few requests though. I would like it if you added more Electronic, house, and dubstep sound, like in the mobile one. Also, more instruments, such as trumpets, saxophones,accordions, kalimbas, gongs, flutes, bagpipe,didgeridoo, voices, organs, and xylophones.
What happened to Garage Band? (10.1.2)
5/28/2016 5:48:00 AM
5/5 By jbzjams
Don’t you remember a couple years ago when everyone was saying, Oh my God, Garage band is gone as we once new it forever. I can’t remember the exact time and date that I decided to see what all the fuss was about. Im actually starting to believe, it was more, the fact that when some people downloaded Garage band X, they wound up deleting version 11. (I guess they didn’t realize that wasn’t necessary.Once I figured out where the Instruments and Plug-Ind were, I was pretty much hooked. Then came the next couple updates. (Please don’t quote me). Garage band is like Logic Pro X only without all the complex jargon. At least as far as Making Top quality Recordings. You wouldn’t even have to buy any plug-Ins to make a Top notch recording but us Producers and Recording engineers we love to buy them and I don’t blame anyone one bit. Whats my Point? Garage Band X, is one of the easiest DAWs to learn and can produce some of the best top quality High definition, CD Quality, recordings on the market and I absolutely love it and everything about it. You want to learn Logic Pro X I say. No problem, just master Garage band X first. You can get just as professional results, without the migraine headaches.
Review by Jaysen Zaffino.(P.S.) 1-more thing, I’ve heard people say that using loops and plug-ins is like cheating. Well everyones entitle to their own opinion but to me thats like saying you can’t be an artist If you use more than one color of paint. Thank you and have fun with Garage Band X.
5/20/2016 2:11:00 AM
5/5 By Tony125534
Grate for making music!! bets app I could get out there!! I havent had any troubleshooting when I used it on a mid-2012 model MacBook Air. It also has very good sound quality. You guys should reall try thi! Enjoy!!!
5/17/2016 12:48:00 AM
4/5 By louiedesa
Is GarageBand no longer free or am I doing something wrong?…MAC PRO purchased 10/2015
Not sure how to navigate around it (10.1.1)
5/17/2016 12:05:00 AM
3/5 By THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not sure how to use garage band, or really get into a keyboard or connect my guitar, not sure how to make tracks or plays loops.
it is quite confusing
Sound effect (10.1.1)
5/15/2016 8:48:00 AM
1/5 By cotallat
I want my voice changer back!
so much problem (10.1.1)
5/11/2016 3:34:00 AM
1/5 By rosy11111
i have too much problem using this app. i really wanted to give it 5 stars but it is not working well. I updated my version but still no loops were added. I tried it so many times but nothing is working. can somebody plz help me with this problem. i will be really thankful to you.
Project End (10.1.1)
5/3/2016 12:05:00 AM
4/5 By A smule pianist
I mostly use this program to cut the extra silence off songs in my iTunes, but once in a while I’ll make a remix of a song I like or record blurbs for my books. This program is great for all of that, but I do have one gripe about the design: the arrow that allows you to set the project’s end is now hidden behind the expander, or whatever it’s called. This gets pretty frustrating as I usually have to readjust it several times before it actually matches up with the end of the project. I’d happily give this app five stars if the expander were moved in the next update, but since I can’t give four and a half, I’ll just stick with giving it four for now.
Remarkable app for $5! (10.1.1)
5/1/2016 5:02:00 AM
5/5 By mo*jo*
I’m starting to get into creating my own music - want to create my own drones. Talking with one of the guys sat the local Sam Ash about software, he recommended Garage Band to start out. Great advice!
5/1/2016 3:48:00 AM
4/5 By YouchFilms
This is fantastic! SO happy to see Oboe and Basoon as an option this time around as well as more choir and horn options! Some istruments that I still long to see are a Harpsichord and a DEFINATELY Theremin, as well as whatever Apple throws at us next ;) Thanks Apple guys for bringing us yet another great update! NOTE: You can adjust the “Saturn Lead” Synth to sound similar to a Theremin, but an actual Theremin would be fantastic! For future updates :)
5 stars (10.1.1)
4/29/2016 3:48:00 PM
5/5 By Jack Sway
How do I export songe from Garageband to Soundcloud/Itunes!? (10.1.1)
4/27/2016 3:27:00 AM
4/5 By Cwaftaboss
The app itself is great, no complaints there. However, every single time I try to upload a song to itunes or soundcloud, it ends up distorted and has overal bad quality. How do I upload a song to soundcloud or itunes and get good quality? Please help!
4/24/2016 8:56:00 AM
4/5 By ChickNdumplin
This is a fun and great app.
Beautiful and Growing (10.1.1)
4/24/2016 6:43:00 AM
5/5 By Wsaqjukiedtghy21
a few months ago i upgraded garageband when i wanted to get more into music production, which is clearly what this new version is gearded toward. I love the constant updates to loops and can’t wait to see what else apple has in store
Also i give 5 stars because for under $5 this is the absolute best introductory DAW there is on the market.
No podcasting features and no warning (10.1.1)
4/20/2016 9:27:00 PM
1/5 By PadreBR
I haven’t even used this version yet, and i’m already diappointed. I make sermon podcasts with GarageBand - or at least i used to - but those features aren’t supported in this new version. Nowhere on the AppStore description does it warn about this change, or i wouldn’t have updated. I only found out when i tried to open the template i use, which i created in GarageBand. Boo!
Just what I needed (10.1.1)
4/18/2016 6:13:00 AM
5/5 By avocadolemon
Garage Band allowed me to hook up more than one USB mic at a time.
Garageband V10.1.1 (10.1.1)
4/17/2016 7:28:00 PM
5/5 By 6stringsor12
I do not believe you can import iTunes into Garageband (*visa versa yes ) + Soundclound from Garageband (Ringtones ?)
++ ? Open up Garageband V10.1.1 and check for updates ( Prior when G-Band V10 was free and add ons were $4.99 , Had to download + download again in Garageband (Check for updates or what the option is , My Jampacks (dc’d along time ago pull up under Legacy AU ) check www for buletsand bones or hang time (all one word on Users forums Very smart guy
Hang in there , best bang for $4.99 out there !!! p.s I am running OSX 10.9.5 on a mid 2010 iMac 3.06 gHZ with 12GB of Ram ( came with 2X 2GB + I added 2 x4 GB ) before updating from Snow Leopard 10.6.x (I really liked Snow Leopard but Apps required higher Versions of OSX , I still have Garageband V6 that came with install disks
Major Glitches killing the application (10.1.1)
4/17/2016 5:14:00 PM
1/5 By Why? Why? Wh-
There are so many common freezes and glitches in this application it’s starting to make me wonder if I should even be still working on a Mac. First off, it’s not that rare to have it just crash on you while you’re in the midst of a project, and it freezes so much every minute it’s unbearable. I used to enjoy the older versions of it, but these new updates have just ruined it. Maybe it’s just because I’m running on a slightly older version, but from what I hear the newer ones aren’t great either.
new loops? where are they???? (10.1.1)
4/15/2016 10:04:00 PM
3/5 By kingp
where are the new loops? I updated and i only see a new synth pad and a few more instruments but no new 2000+ or so loops mentioned. Are the new loops only compatible with certain Apple products like laptops vs Desktops or iPads and IPhones?