By Pixelmator Team (UAB Pixelmator Team)
Supported Devices :
11/23/2016 | Version : 3.6 | Size : 54.9 MB
Pixelmator 3.6 Cordillera brings full support for macOS Sierra and the all-new MacBook Pro Touch Bar, adds Tabs, includes a content-aware Smart Refine feature, Deep Images support, and more.
• Pixelmator is now fully compatible with macOS Sierra.
• The Touch Bar keeps your favorite Pixelmator tools and the most useful options always at hand.
• Use Tabs to easily manage your Pixelmator windows.
• The new Smart Refine feature lets you instantly improve selections with stunning accuracy and speed.
• Support for Deep Images makes colors in 16-bit images more vibrant and true-to-life on Wide Color displays.
• Set the most useful tool options for your selected tool right in the Touch Bar.
• The Touch Bar is customizable, so you can choose exactly which tools you’d like to keep in it.
• Use the Touch Bar to change color, alignment, and other text properties.
• When previewing effects or adjustments, a Show Original button lets you take a peek at the original image.
• Use Rotate and Scale sliders to transform layers.
• And do a lot more!
• Quickly drag and drop layers between documents in different tabs.
• Merge all your Pixelmator windows into a single one by choosing Window > Merge All Windows.
• Close all tabs except the current one by Option-clicking the Close button of the tab you’re in.
• New images open in a new tab according to your preferences in System Preferences > Dock – either Always, In Full Screen Only, or Manually.
• If your tab preferences are set to In Full Screen Only or Manually, hold down the Option key when opening or creating new documents to open them in a new tab.
New features and other gems in macOS Sierra:
• With support for the Universal Clipboard, you can now seamlessly copy images and text between Pixelmator on your Mac and iOS devices.
• Precisely align windows and palettes by moving them close to each other.
• Double-click the edge of a window to automatically expand that edge.
Smart Refine and Refine Selection:
• Using an advanced edge-detection algorithm, Smart Refine precisely snaps your existing selection to object edges in your image.
• Customize just how edge-sensitive Smart Refine is using the Edge Detection slider in the Refine Selection dialog.
• You can now edit your selection while the Refine Selection dialog is open – paint to subtract from your selection, hold down the Option key and paint to add to your selection.
• Use the [ and ] keys to change the size of the selection brush.
• With support for P3 color and Wide Color displays, all 16-bit images on the new MacBook Pro, iMac with Retina 4K display, and iMac with Retina 5K display look more vibrant and true to life.
• 16-bit images also look better on standard displays, as dithering is applied to subtly smooth gradients and remove visible banding.
• Dithering is also applied when reducing the color depth of an image from 16 bits to 8 bits.
Quick Selection improvements:
• The Quick Selection Tool now has a live preview.
• It’s also much faster, thanks to a faster algorithm.
• And it’s more accurate, too – especially with black and white images.
9/27/2016 | Version : 3.5.1 | Size : 52.4 MB
In this update, we’ve added a number of improvements and bug fixes, including fixes for image exports and the Color Selection, Magic Eraser, and Paint Bucket tools. The update also features stability improvements for the Pixelmator Photos extensions.
• When editing larger images using the Pixelmator Photos extensions, the image would sometimes disappear. Fixed.
• An issue with the Stroke effect meant that images which had text layers with Stroke were being exported darker. Fixed.
• The preview of the Pixelate effect would ignore any active selections and show a preview of the effect over the entire image. Now, the preview will show you exactly what you’ll get after applying the effect.
• Gradients weren’t entirely smooth and they were also slightly transparent at 100% Opacity. Fixed.
• When painting over partly transparent areas using certain Retouching tools, the transparency would be removed. Those areas will now keep their transparency.
• Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when opening PSD files containing the Color Overlay layer style. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that caused the app to quit unexpectedly when using the Magic Wand, Paint Bucket, or Magic Eraser on a hidden layer.
• With the Magic Wand, Paint Bucket, and Magic Eraser tools, the edge smoothing algorithm that we added in the previous Pixelmator update wasn’t working as well as it should, so we brought back the previous one for now (but we're working on making it even better).
• When using the Clouds effect, unnecessary horizontal and vertical lines would sometimes appear. Fixed.
• Zooming in the Pixelmator Photos extensions is now faster and smoother.
• The radius slider of the Gaussian Blur effect now uses pixels instead of percent.
• When dragging to export layers from the Layers palette, underscores in the name of the layer would be removed. Fixed.
• On OS X 10.9.5, Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when exporting images that had many shape or text layers with layer styles. Fixed.
7/19/2016 | Version : 3.5 | Size : 51.9 MB
Pixelmator 3.5 Canyon brings an incredibly smart Quick Selection tool, a precise yet easy-to-use Magnetic Selection tool, a full set of powerful Pixelmator retouching tools to your Photos app, and more.
• The smart Quick Selection Tool lets you select even the most challenging areas with a single brushstroke.
• The new Magnetic Selection Tool snaps to the edges you trace, so that you can make detailed selections quickly and precisely.
• The new Pixelmator Retouch Extension for Photos adds a full set of powerful retouching tools to your Photos app.
Other improvements and fixes
• On OS X El Capitan, the totally redesigned Stroke effect is now up to 15 times faster and much smoother.
• Thanks to the redesigned Stroke effect, resizing a selection with the Refine Selection dialog is also up to 15 times faster (on OS X El Capitan).
• The outlines that you get when using the Color Selection Tool, Paint Bucket Tool and the Magic Eraser Tool are much smoother and more precise (on OS X El Capitan).
• In the Pixelmator Distort Extension, the brush size now auto-adjusts as you zoom in and out of your image, so it always stays the right size.
• When using the Repair Tool, double-clicking the canvas would resize the document window. Fixed.
• Choosing the Red Eye Tool when editing tiny images made the app quit unexpectedly. We fixed that, too.
• When using the Glass, Vintage, Noise, Rain, Snow, or Sketch effects on layers smaller than the canvas, some pixels at the edges of the layer would be stretched across the empty areas. We fixed this.
• The preview animation shown in the Bar Swipe effect thumbnail was shown at an angle. Fixed.
• While transforming a layer with a shadow, small, grey squares would sometimes appear on the canvas. Not anymore.
• The Column Marquee Tool would sometimes make selections that were 1 pixel wider than they were supposed to be. Now they are pixel-perfect.
• When refining a selection with the Clone Stamp Tool selected, parts of the red selection overlay that marks the non-selected area would sometimes disappear. We fixed this.
• When a text layer was used as an overlay for a clipping mask, converting it into a pixel layer would cause the text to disappear. Fixed.
• Sometimes, the coordinates of a shape layer could get lost and this would make it impossible to save or open the document. Fixed.
• Improved stability when opening PSD files with specific Photoshop text features.
• On OS X 10.9, the Add to iPhoto option was missing from the Share menu. It's back.
• On OS X 10.10, when applying Blur effects to layers that don't fill the entire canvas, some pixels at the edges of the layer would be stretched across the empty areas. Fixed.
• On Mac computers with a Retina Display, the effect preview, which is shown on your image while a Color Adjustment dialog is open, made the image look slightly blurred. Fixed.
• On iMac computers with 4K Retina Displays, when painting with a brush-based tool, moving the brush outside the document window made the screen flicker. We fixed this.
• In the Pixelmator Distort extension, clicking the image before choosing a tool would automatically select the Warp Tool. It now works as it should.
• Other stability improvements.
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.6 Cordillera is designed to integrate seamlessly with macOS Sierra’s fresh and modern look, macOS Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to parts of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Apply any of the layer styles presets with a drag and drop
• Send your images directly to Photos
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator Retouch tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator Distort tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of macOS features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
: Top Paid Mac Applications
: Top Grossing Mac Applications
: Top Paid Mac Applications [Graphics & Design]
: Top Grossing Mac Applications [Graphics & Design]
Screenshots Mac OSX :
Graphics & Design
Comments and Ratings for Pixelmator
Bought in a few minutes (3.6)
2/5/2017 2:06:00 PM
5/5 By nconfer13
This app is much more than I intially thought…I’ve tried Photoshop and had previously been pretty well rouneded in Adobe Fireworks…but this…this app takes the cake on ease of use, perfectly built to accomadate how your mind thinks while utilizing tools and searching for the options and tool you want to utilize to help better your image editing skills. I literally used this for no more than 10 minutes…and needed to support the developers for their brilliant work…thank you very much, you guys and your company rock!
Its all I need (3.6)
2/4/2017 10:02:00 AM
5/5 By Festival vendor
My old computers crashed with all my expensive software. I upgraded my system and all my old Photoshop sofware was useless. I looked for the alternatives and this software is all I need. Its easy to use, has all the file extensions I need, reads all my old work, and I can afford it. I don’t like the idea of renting software. This is overwhelming great. Thank You.
Needed an app to replace colors... (3.6)
1/26/2017 8:06:00 AM
3/5 By LoeschWare
So I haven’t leveraged all the functions in Pixelmator, I admit it, but I purchased this app for an easy way to replace colors. It’s so close to being great..but that color wheel makes it impossible to select specific colors…so basically I have to find another solution. Bummer.
Great Touch Bar Support, Perfect for a T-Shirt Designer (3.6)
1/2/2017 6:54:00 PM
5/5 By Tj2014aabb
Love the touch bar support, it really helps when designing t-shirts.
Photoshop user for many years (3.6)
1/2/2017 7:48:00 AM
5/5 By Trent Young
I have been a Photoshiop user for years and found the Pixelmator had some things that Phtoshop did not and in many instances found it easire and faster with Pixelmator. There was about a 45 minuete learnijg curve so I felt comfortable and now, it is pretty much my go to program.
12/31/2016 9:53:00 AM
5/5 By xdracco
In the past, I used Photoshop. I am not a designer by any means but there are times I need a photo editor for certain tasks. I very much appreciate how this desktop version works seemlessly with its iOS companion app. This has covered all the basics, and then some, for me anyways… hard for me to rate it anything less than 5 stars. Keep up the great work/
12/24/2016 12:29:00 PM
2/5 By Tedster84
Cannot use the extension in photos and the app crashes. Update faster please.
12/16/2016 1:41:00 PM
2/5 By susanthelibrarian
I loved this when it worked but, since I upgraded my operating system, all it does is crash. Beware!
Glad I found this! (3.6)
12/5/2016 10:27:00 PM
5/5 By Tony_AZ
I started with a “subscription” purchase of Adobe Creative Cloud…and was annoyed at not only the monthly recurring subscription charges to my debit card, but also the number of services and apps that Adobe had running at all times on my laptop. Thus, I cancelled that and went through ten minutes of uninstalling Adobe garbage. I found Pixelmator and feel like I lack for NOTHING! I LOVE PIXELMATOR and it does everything I need and more.
THANK YOU! Keep up the great work!!!
A very good App. Not perfect, but very good (3.6)
12/3/2016 7:07:00 PM
4/5 By iflyby77
I have an old hard drive with Adobe Photoshop installed that I purchased years ago that I have kept around because now Adobe wants a monthly subscription. When I use PS it is heavy use for a few days and then I might not open the program for months. After years of lugging the old disk with PS installed on it I decided to purchase Pixlemator after experimenting with the free trial. While it is not PS, it is very usable, does most of what I need, and from other reviews it sounds like it keeps getting better and better. I just reformatted the old drive with PS on it and do not regret doing so.
Great tool (3.6)
12/3/2016 4:08:00 AM
5/5 By David B.P.
Pixelmator is a great image editor. There’s a good balance between ease of use and powerful tools with fine control. Customer support is excellent as well. I had a problem getting the Photos extensions to work on the newest Macbook Pro hardware and the support team quickly diagnosed and fixed the issue.
Great app! (3.6)
11/27/2016 1:21:00 AM
5/5 By willdfergiii
I was looking for a budget version of the more expensive editing applications and this program does everything I need! It’s a great value!
No Align Text to Curve (3.6)
11/26/2016 12:33:00 AM
3/5 By Terry Q.
I am a HUGE fan of Pixelmator. However one important feature is not included (yet?)… Align Text to Curve.
11/19/2016 12:27:00 AM
5/5 By Fabio Rotheia
I'm a long time user of Pixelmator, and it just gets better and better!
Plus, all the updates are free.
Thank you guys!!
Best image editor (3.6)
11/15/2016 7:34:00 PM
5/5 By johnnywoz
Been a long time fan of Pixelmater for many versions, and it just keeps getting better. I had been an Adobe Photoshop user for many years and I was getting tired of forking over big $$$$ for each new version, then came along PixelMator. I gave it a try and while in the early days it was not necessarily a 100% replacement, it was outstanding at what it did. From then on I was a convert and happy I did. Pixelmator has improved greatly since then and continues to improve with each version so much so that I don’t miss photoshop at all. Great Job Pixelmator!!!
A good app that has served me well but it’s become “stale". (3.5.1)
11/9/2016 3:02:00 PM
3/5 By Rob Gabbard
I purchased Pixelmator in Apr ’15. It met my needs as a Photoshop alternative, I’ve been happy with it, and have used it on a daily basis. However, since that purchase over 18 months ago, the updates have been few and far between and limited to minor, incremental improvements and bug fixes most users wouldn't notice. The lack of a decent layout manager for the U/I has become a major annoyance, especially when switching between monitors. I feel like I’m constantly playing “find the dialogs” everytme I run Pixelmator after switching monitors or desktops. I’m very loyal to apps from smaller developers that have served me well but it feels like the Pixelmator team have decided to rest on ther laurels. I downloaded the trial version of Affinity Photo today and after 30 min. it was clear that it’s time to make a switch. I make that statement wthout any vested interest in the success of the Affinity Photo app or it’s developer, Serif. In fact, I have a lot of my design assets stored in the .pxm format and would prefer not to make such a change, but I’m confident the effort is worth it at this time.
Great tool - but NO Batch processing (3.5.1)
11/2/2016 9:28:00 PM
4/5 By Mindlock
Easy to use, semi-easy to adapt to from an Adobe standpoint, but to have this nice of a toolset without the ability to utilize batch processing, seems kinda silly!!! PIXELMATOR please add batch processing.
10/31/2016 3:43:00 PM
5/5 By xdracco
In the past, I used Photoshop. I am not a designer by any means but there are times I need a photo editor for certain tasks. I very much appreciate how this desktop version works seemlessly with its iOS companion app. This has covered all the basics, and then some, for me anyways...
10/22/2016 9:21:00 PM
4/5 By BalloonsAreFun
Currently running on a MacBook 2010 with basic hardware configuration. I am very impressed at how easy it is to use in getting all your design ideas in place. Simple user interface, not intimdating to to look at when finding what you need. I’ve been using this for a couple of months now and it has been a very comfortable experience. Thank you Pixelmator Teamand Apple Inc. ! You rock !
It’s gotten better with time (3.5.1)
10/22/2016 7:21:00 AM
3/5 By Rumboogy22
Sometimes it ssems like doing something simple is really hard. But it has gotten better with time.
The repair tool alone is worth the cost (3.5.1)
10/20/2016 9:51:00 PM
5/5 By Dave Cortight
So many of my colleagues think they need Photoshop for basic photo editing and retouching. But with Pixelmator, they can do all the essentials in a much easier-to-user interface and for a lot less money (important because I work at a non-profit and every dollar counts). I cannot recommend this app highly enough.
OK, but... (3.5.1)
10/20/2016 2:37:00 AM
3/5 By ButterBeanBiker
Maybe I just didn’t learn everything I need to know, but this is IMHO a poor replacement for Photoshop. Feels clunky and limited. If this alternative is based on price, buy it, but if it’s based on power and intuitive workings, forget it.
Edit: Chokes and crashes on very large files. Hubble TiFF 'Great Observatories Origins Deep Survey’ 973 MB
BEST PHOTO SOFTWARE ON MARKET (3.5.1)
9/25/2016 10:46:00 PM
5/5 By Apollosmuse
I ran the trial and knew within 20 minutes that this is the software to replace Adobe Photoshop Elements. This photo software has all the same features and more than Photoshop Elements. The tools in the software operate the same as in Photoshop. The best part is that the price is less than 1/2 what Adobe asks. The next reason I recommend this software over ADOBE is that Adobe doesn’t offer any support other than forums for their software and if you have an older version of Adobe, they won’t even deal with you. I can say that this software works incredibly easy and if you get stumped over a problem, you can probably find the answer on Youtube. The developers also evidently update their software and make sure that it is compatible with the newest MAC OPERATING SYSTEM.
MOVE OVER ADOBE!!!!!!!!! THERE’S A NEW WINNER ABOUT TO EAT YOU ALIVE! PIXELMATOR IS THE CREAM OF THE CROP!
You won’t be sorry moving all your photo editing over the Pixelmator!!!!!
Simply Great (3.5.1)
9/13/2016 8:29:00 PM
5/5 By dnod
Just keeps getting better. Frequent updates with new features and improvements.
I am frequently surprised to find more that it can do.
Now, with iPad companion app, I couldn’t be more pleased.
I am no imaging professional, but when I need to do something with an image I am always able to do it with Pixelmator. There is a wealth of tutorials and tips from an active user community.
On top of all that, this a highly under priced app. Worth so much more.
Incredible -- But missing an unfathomably major feature. (3.5.1)
8/31/2016 5:29:00 PM
4/5 By Tom Frost
Let's get the platitudes out of the way: Pixelmator is unbelievably, unbelievably good. The tool compares extraordinarily well to Photoshop in many regards, and the price comes nowhere CLOSE. As a past Photoshop junkie for all my image editing needs, Pixelmator has been a truly lovely replacement for my editing needs.
With that said, I still need photoshop around sometimes just for one specific tool, and it's killing me. Pixelmator has a veritable flood of selection features, but none of them hold a candle to the pen tool. Pixelmator Team, I would sell my left hand if you would implement a bezier curve pen selection tool that properly antialiases the edges of the selection (extra points allowing an option to alpha-feather the edge a specified number of pixels in). Lasso doesn't cut it, and the process is long and tedious. The magnet selection tries to be too smart and doesn't give me control over dithering. I just want the ability to rapidly outline something in Pixelmator without it trying to tell *me* what I should be selecting, and nothing beats the pen tool for that.
Please, Pixelmator team. Please.
Puzzling lack of support. (3.5.1)
8/26/2016 5:12:00 AM
2/5 By innocent victim
App has developed an infuriating compulsion to convert every image to Pixelmator format. There’s a checkbox in Preferences to prevent this behavior, but it does not. The checkbox does literally nothing. It’s blatantly nonfunctional, and it’s been that way as long as I can remember, despite user complaints.
Awesome App for both work & play!! (3.5.1)
8/23/2016 7:26:00 PM
5/5 By Tmj75
Pixelmator has been an incredible tool for me. Its fairly easy to learn..& if you have any questions; Pixelmator Support is the best! I use this app daily. I cant wait for more from this company!!!! Its 100% worth buying!!!
8/23/2016 9:15:00 AM
3/5 By Mohammad Alkhathami
We hope the introduction of the Arabic language
Totally floored by the new update (3.5.1)
8/22/2016 10:56:00 PM
5/5 By j_benj
UPDATE : Just wanted to say thank you to the developers for the continued support. I use Pixelmator to produce the album art for my weekly podcast, create graphics for my website and plenty of other small projects and it is always rock solid and speedy on my 2012 MacBook Pro. I still can’t believe the amount of value I’ve gotten out of the purchase. Truly awesome.
Wow.. wow.. and wow. Just wow. The new 2.2 "Blueberry" update is truly incredible. I love the new shapes / text-to-shape capabilities. To be honest, when I read about the update I didn't expect the new features to be implemented as well as they are.. for a $15 app?? No way! But boy was I surprised. Blown away, in fact. Pixelmator has just become my one-stop-shop for logo, icon, splash-screen and web graphics creation.
If you're in need of Photoshop-like capabilities on your Mac at an incredible price, look no further. For $15 this app is the biggest steal on the Mac App Store.
Best app of its kind on MAS. (3.5.1)
8/22/2016 8:39:00 PM
5/5 By Joaquim N.
Let’s be honest, it’s very hard to find developers who truly love what they do as the ones behind Pixelmator. The guys really put their souls to improve what’s already the best photo editor on MAS!
From this dev.
Price : $0.99
Platform : iPhone/iPad
By Pixelmator Team
Price : $4.99
Platform : iPhone/iPad
By Pixelmator Team
4 in a row 2
Price : Free
Ultimate Tic Tac Toe
Price : Free
Bubble Blast Boxes
Price : Free
Chess HD Free
Price : Free
Bubble Shooter Holiday
Price : Free